Fig 1. N9 PR1.2 "Messages" App

Bueller?

Fig 2. Nokia N9 PR1.2 "Terminal" App

Anyone?

Posts: 314 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Bratislava, Slovakia
flash your N9 with rootFS.bin + EMMC.bin...

Fig 2 yeah, you can toggle the arrows in the terminal keyboard.

As for fig 1, that is interesting Not seen that before no.

You got the dreaded chess board death. It's due to fawlty RAM. Your device is toasted...

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel

Originally Posted by specc View Post
You got the dreaded chess board death. It's due to fawlty RAM. Your device is toasted...
It's up and running again. I have been observing "recoverable ECC error" messages since I bought the phone toward the end of November (originally PR1.1, then PR1.2 since it was released). I don't think the errors have increased in frequency beyond a certain point -- although this is the first occurrence where the display (frame buffer?) was corrupted and the phone had to be rebooted.

Is there an additional resource where I can find out more about what's going on? Is there anything I can do about this? I live in the U.S. and ended up getting a phone with the Singapore/Starhub ROM (059L3V7). Currently, it's running the North Europe (059J187) release.

One thing I've suspected for some time (but evidently have no way of verifying): PR1.1 seemed to run much more smoothly than PR1.2. In general, I had better reception, the UI was smoother, everything ran faster. Of course I can't go back to PR1.1 to see whether the update caused the change, or whether it was the hardware (I've tried PR1.2 with nearly no modifications; it has never been as stable as it was before, but my memory regarding when exactly I started noticing the performance degradation is somewhat hazy).

Not sure whether this is of any significance -- but I've never overclocked the phone (the only time I tried, I happened to be running the patched kernel and Inception wouldn't work right, while Aegis was still sufficiently intact to prevent me from loading/running such things as the OC module/app).

Originally Posted by jleholeho View Post
flash your N9 with rootFS.bin + EMMC.bin...
What will that accomplish? Or, to put it differently, what was it that caused this in the first place?

I suppose I will find out once PR1.3 is available for my device.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by zszabo View Post
What will that accomplish? Or, to put it differently, what was it that caused this in the first place?

I suppose I will find out once PR1.3 is available for my device.
It will give a fresh phone as out of the box. Ereasing everuthing on your phone might get rid of yor issue and if not it's a faulty device. Just updating a new FW release OTA won't do that it will only update parts of the OS. E.g bug fixes, new features etc.

So a full flash now will give you a 'new' device or you'll know it's faulty and needs to go to service to be fixed or replaced.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan