Active Topics

The $27.99 deal was a 'Gold Box Special' (which has since expired, I think). The regular price is back up to $59.95. But I'm sure the n800 and bluetooth keyboards will continue to fluctuate in price during December, right? I have a feeling this forum will be very busy.

the 29.99 deal is back (i.e. amazon has them in stock again, the 59.99 price was from an amazon partner)

So what's the pairing procedure? I install the keyboard batteries, open it, and go to select a bluetooth device on the N800 OS2007 control panel. All I get is the message "no devices found." I selected the 105 key keyboard as well. Nothing. How do I know if the keyboard is on?

nevermind: CTRL + LEFT FN + RIGHT FN on the keyboard.

Originally Posted by cripes View Post
the 29.99 deal is back (i.e. amazon has them in stock again, the 59.99 price was from an amazon partner)
Doesn't look like it, unless it sold out again in a day.

Darn! I can attest to seeing it yesterday. I need to be faster.

edited for profanity

Originally Posted by dan67sf View Post
I ordered one of these, suppose to get it by this Wednesday. Hopefully it will work, either way I will try to post the results.
I got mine today. It works (Im running OS 2007 on N800).

Pairing procedure:
1. Go into menu: Tools -> Control Panel
2. Tap on Bluetooth
3. If Bluetooth is off, tap "Bluetooth on" checkbox
4. Now tap "Devices"
5. On the Stowaway keyboard, hold down CTRL LEFT-FN RIGHT-FN until you see the green LED above the "T" key flashing once per second.
6. On the Nokia, Click "New" and wait a few seconds while it finds and identifies your keyboard (comes up as "Think Outside Keyboard").
7. Tap on the entry for the keyboard, you will see a dialog box showing a four digit code.
8. Tap OK on the Nokia and on the keyboard type the four digit code and press Return.
9. The pairing should complete after a few seconds.

And for the record, I can also verify that the procedure is similar for the Apple (aluminum) wireless bluetooth keyboards (which is suprisingly compact but not foldable of course) - except you dont need to mess with CTRL LEFT-FN RIGHT-FN. The Apple keyboard is beautiful.

I have both of these keyboards working nicely:

Last edited by symbiat; 2007-12-07 at 20:40.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to symbiat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by tech42er View Post
Darn! I can attest to seeing it yesterday. I need to be faster.

edited for profanity
Amazon CS just told me that they have some more coming, but you will have keep watching as they go fast at this price.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Bellshill, UK
FOR UK USERS:

www.mymemory.co.uk have the iGo Stowaway for £21.94 inc del. Just ordered on friday awaiting delivery.

The Following User Says Thank You to gerrymoth For This Useful Post:
I will add my two cents. I have an N770 running OS2006. I go my XTBTUEI keyboard today. The $29.99 one on Amazon. This is not the XTBTUE model, whatever the difference may be.

All I did to get it to work was install the Bluetooth plugin. As I understand it, I only need to do this because I am using an N770 and OS2006. I opened the keyboard, put in the batteries, pressed and held ctrl-blue-green and told the Internet Tablet to connect. It did, and I could type. That is all there was to it, so I can also confirm this "Blackberry" model works fine.

A couple of other notes, when I got the actual keyboard, there was no mention of the Blackberry on the original packaging. The only place it was mentioned at all was on a barcode sticker stuck over the original barcode on the back. The original packaging on the front actually says ...
Ultra-Slim Bluetooth Keyboard for Smartphones
and on the back it says...
Truly Universal - works with almost any bluetooth enabled device.

So it looks, to me anyway, that it is just a regular bluetooth keyboard with maybe some special printing on some of the keys associated with smartphones.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about picking one up.