Thank you to vitaminj for initiating the meetup plan. Really hope I'm not jumping the gun or stepping on toes here but I wanted to advertise the Monday meetup in time to modify plans as necessary and for it to actually happen.

Anyone in London on Monday 24th Oct 2011 is welcome to join any of the rest of us who can make it, for an informal driink and bite to eat.

Plan A. (A for amendable)
Some are coming from out of town and others after a day's work in the smoke so, how about this?
Place: "The Counting House" Confirmed
Time: 6.30pm BST (GMT+1)

I haven't been but after a quick look on various reviews, it looked a good'n. They serve food and the beer's supposed to be good. If the food seems rubbish, we can move on to the ubiquitous but acceptably reliable GBK by Tower Bridge.

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I'm coming from St. Paul's (not protesting, no)/Bank/Moorgate/Liverpool St. area on Monday evening after work.
@Jaffa, please advise if there's a better RV than TCH - you do know the area, don't you?

If you see this memo and can and would lke to join in, please post below for a numbers count (rsvp is not strictly necessary).

** I will do my best to update this thread if the plans change or the group moves about, so stragglers / late-commers don't get left behind **

... see you soon

Last edited by demolition; 2011-10-24 at 15:13.

Morning!
A little bump to alert those opening TMO this morning and are in London this evening...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
works for me (more like 7:30pm though)

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Hopefully, there'll still be things going on! Check TMO as you leave work in case there's any alteration. Someone might have suggested a better meeting point.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Posts: 405 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London, UK
Thanks for taking the helm here - I should be able to pop along some time between 6:30 and 7:30, depending on how things at work go today. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to vitaminj For This Useful Post:
OK everyone! Who's up for this? A few friendly after-work drinks with fellow Maemo-eers.

C'm-on drag yourselves out of the wood-work.

Just
- type "Yes. See you there!" and "Quick Reply" before 5.30pm today
- then get yourself to The Counting House, 50 Cornhill, London, EC3V 3PD (close to Bank and St Pauls, very close to Fenchurch St).

*apologies to and accepted from those not actually in/near London today.

Last edited by demolition; 2011-10-24 at 15:10.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
The Counting House is good. I'll see you there!

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Great! Bit of a luck dip - seems I choose correctly. Editing posts above to confirm destination.

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I can't really get there until 7:40ish (probably), so might have to sit this one out.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Cant make it today but will be around tomorrow at the pre event party at the BFI. Does anyone know what movie is being screened?

Hi Party Guest, We look forward to seeing you at the BFI IMAX on Tuesday 25th October for the Nokia World Pre-Event Party. Please print this email, which contains your unique ticket number and bring it with you to BFI IMAX. Dont forget, drinks at 6.30pm and movie at 7.30pm! See you there! - The Nokia Location & Commerce Team