Posts: 469 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Montana
Originally Posted by gochito View Post
Got it this morning.. I don't know if it's wishful thinking, but my n800 seems faster, snappier...
Ahh... maybe because it is On OS2008 the CPU is allowed to run up to 400MHz vs 330MHz with OS2007.

I don't want to repeat what other people said, but bluetooth headset (of the mono variety) work out of the box, even with the beta version of OS2008. I am using a Motorola H300 headset and after pairing, I clicked the "call" button and Media Player (the one that comes with the ITOS) started playing through it Wonderful!

hehe nice... One quirk, though... the browser crashes every time I manually enter a web address... if I follow a link from google works fine... strange

Several people seem to be having browser issues. Strangely, even though I use the browser quite a lot (even for Gmail et al.), I haven't come across any of these issues.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by convulted View Post
Several people seem to be having browser issues. Strangely, even though I use the browser quite a lot (even for Gmail et al.), I haven't come across any of these issues.
Yeah, the browser has been quite stable for me, too.

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ New Mexico, USA
I'm going to be a wait-and-see-er...

1) I've got everything I need (at last!) spinning along so nicely in OS2007 that it would break my heart to break something; and
2) I'm really really not looking forward to reloading all my apps and docks.

Last edited by HalSF; 2007-11-28 at 23:00.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ San Miguel de Allende, MX
Well, this has been interesting. I thought my N800 had become bricked--constantly re-booting (or just hanging near the end of booting after disabling lifeguard). I had flashed it several times with different release versions, twiddled the rd and lifeguard flags. Today I decided to just try the 2008 version (after I discovered the torrent, which is MUCH faster! -- thanks whoever uploaded that), and lo-and-behold, the thing boots up, after a couple of retries! I just hope I never forget to keep the battery charged, as I still don't trust it (plus it makes funny crackling noises whenever I touch the screen--despite the audio being otherwise fine, which started shortly before the previous system failure), but I'm pretty pleased right now!