Active Topics

Is there any way to make it so the phone app doesn't fall into the multitasking menu but actually stays active?
It's not a huge deal but it is a pain, especially when i need to dial in some numbers.

I don't understand, could you emphasize what you mean?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
what's the mais problem?
does it crash or doesnt work after you minimaze it?

Same happens when you open conversations and then open a new message. when you sended it, and go back you wont go back to the conversations but actually going to the multitask screen. Its indeed anoying and dont understand why nokia made it this way.

Going back with email does not let every screen go back to the multitask but switches back to the previous page. this is how phone and conversations should work.

By the way this falling back to multitask screen happens with allot of apps when pushing the previous button.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I like multitasking returning after each task. It more modern and more nicer to look at and I can do many things other than just one text at a time. I can send and then quickly go back to another one and send another person text without having to keep pressing back back back back and look through for other task (Ahem FruityPhone, Robodroid)

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
i agree with maxximus...
sometimes you need to have 3 or 4 conversations open at the same time. it would be very unpractical if you had to go back to the main conversation screen every time.

yes but for example when you call someone up and the call fails you're thrown out of phone app instead of having an option to redial or something

though i doubt much can be done since it's closed source

The Following User Says Thank You to Char For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
It make perfect sense to have quick switchboard and immediate access to running applications, But it doesn't to keep them all running all the time. Due to resources consumption and battery drain. Because of that some processes if away from screen or in dashboard mode just in some kind of sleep mode.

True multitasking doesn't exist. Its all software emulation of one stream of instructions. It would be silly to let all 16 apps running on full speed on such small screen factor that you are unable to do anything with them.

check this out
http://www.flaemo.com/test

Yes, you can play 9 movies at once and watch them in dashboard mode. But how useful is that??

I guess I was a bit unclear. I mean that when making a phone call, I'll dial (or select a contact, whatever) talk with them, but when I pull the phone away from my face, the phone call is showing up in the multitasking menu (next to other open apps) instead of staying full screen, thus allowing me to have quick access to the dialer, mute button, etc.

Like I said, not a huge deal, but it would be nice to be able to keep it full screen until I push the multitask menu or end the call.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
hmmm thats not what my phone does... it is still there in full screen when the prox sensor switches it back on

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post: