Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I just recently got the N800 and after using one of the apps, it restarted and bricked my device. So now I have to flash it back. But this is the problem. the firmware on the device is 2007SE_2.2006.51-7 and it's saying that -6 is the latest so I'm having to downgrade.

I'm as we speak in the process of downloading the 51-6 image using the update software but is there anyway of downloading the -7 image as when using the Windows Upgrade software with no internet connection it asks you to search for the image on your HDD so can anyone tell me where I can find the 51-7 bin file

Reply ASAP please because I have about 20 mins before it starts installing the image to the device.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ London & Suffolk
I wouldn't worry about it - I had to "downgrade", but I haven't noticed any differences so far...

I guess this is proof though that that new firmware is almost out.

Well I just completed the downgrade but it didn't fix anything. My n800 still restarts. Displays the Nokia splash screen then switches off..

What can I do to fix this??

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ London & Suffolk
Try taking the battery out for a couple of minutes, put it back, and flash again? I had problems with constant rebooting but managed to get it back (with no reflashing) just by taking out the battery and rebooting a few times...

The Following User Says Thank You to NickF22 For This Useful Post:
nope, I tried that still didn't work.

I came across this so I see if this can help me
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...velopers/19716

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
51-6 is the 6th build in week 51, 51-7 is the 7th build in week 51. The difference between the two builds is likely to be incredibly minor, and obviously not worth making available for download. Go with 51-6, it's fine.

As for your reboot loop, sounds like you need to disable lifeguard-reset - details should be in the newsgroup post you reference. You'll need a Linux PC and flasher-3.0 executable to disable the lifeguard-reset.

hmm luckily my brother is using Linux so I'll give it a try but why isn't there a Windows based flasher executible?? seems odd.. I should be able to load to cmd and use the flasher-3.0 application.

Is this what you're talking about
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/HOWTO_Fla...ImageWithLinux

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Yes, that's the utility however the page you linked to describes only flashing the device from a firmware image - you don't want to do that, you only want to set the device flag. Try searching for "lifeguard" - the search will probably throw up quite a few useful hits, including details on how to disable it. If you don't have a Linux PC immediately to hand, consider using a LiveCD (again, search for "LiveCD").

Thanks. I found two links though Redhat LiveCD and Knoppix..

From reading this:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...6&postcount=35

I think I'll follow his steps and download Knoppix.