Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
I am going to fix the xmodmap, so that if you wan it you can run a install script that will come with KDE and a script to remove it. This will be run from xterm.

This will fix the unlock on the n800, and problems with people who are not in USA.

Keyboard issues for onscreen keyboard. I use my 810 so I do not have this problem. I want to fix this for n800 users. Please file all suggestions or info in this thread.

I would also like to include the bluetooth mouse support.

Other than that, I am not sure what else people think needs fixing?

I know PCQ had the jpg support on the desktop, but this requires a recomile of everything, so this is beyond this revision. I am only altering a few things, like shortcuts and things to make fresh install more appealing.

I really need you feedback so lets try to keep this to the discussion at hand. Especially on the n800 issues, if you want them fixed...

For those that have not seen, there is a new thread from me.

Boot from SD Installer for KDEv2
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=19675
This Deb is used to install KDE if you are running off "Boot from SD"

Check my signature for info on how to setup Boot from SD

Qwerty, thats 500, you cannot make a signature with more characters, only bigger fonts
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I think I posted this in another thread but didn't get any answers... but I would love a script or something that would make WiFi automatically connect when Konqueror (web profile) is started.

There is also a bug where the notification of a repeating event alarm in KOrganizer causes the auto-screen dimming feature to quit working until you've rebooted. For example, I have an repeat alarm set to remind my husband to take the trash to the curb once a week. Every week after the alarm goes off, my screen stay bright if I lock the screen/buttons. I have to logout and reboot to get it working again. This is only for repeat alarms - single notifications work just fine.

Any idea if Usb host support already works or not?

That all I can think of for now.
thanks

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Here are some bugs i've noticed in KDE

The trash ben doesn't work.

The on screen keyboard doesn't show eny numbers or symbols. especially "/" and "\" and sometimes the keyboard mixes up upper-case and lower-case.

Even thought the login and the logout function is fonctional, you can't login on a N800 without a hardware keyboard.

The sccreensavers don't work.
Some windows are so large, that thay get cut off and you can't see the whole window and it is difficult to resize.

The plugins in koncore are not present.

The hildon desktop is very unresponsive after you exit KDE.

Those are the bugs i have discovered so far. I will post more bug reports when i get the chance.
(Edit) seems someone has beet me to be the first to respond.
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Last edited by b-man; 2008-05-17 at 21:24.

Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Here are some bugs i've noticed in KDE

The trash ben doesn't work.
Fixed in v2

The on screen keyboard doesn't show eny numbers or symbols. especially "/" and "\" and sometimes the keyboard mixes up upper-case and lower-case.
This is legimate problem, working on resolution

Even thought the login and the logout function is fonctional, you can't login on a N800 without a hardware keyboard.
There is no login prompt? unless you lock it?

The sccreensavers don't work.
The screen savers work, but X does not tell them to turn on, I cannot fix

Some windows are so large, that thay get cut off and you can't see the whole window and it is difficult to resize.
Use the move window, This again I cannot fix

The plugins in koncore are not present.
what plugins, I dont have any to be present?

The hildon desktop is very unresponsive after you exit KDE.
Seriously, its not!!, but if it were, who cares really?

Those are the bugs i have discovered so far. I will post more bug reports when i get the chance.
(Edit) seems someone has beet me to be the first to respond.
This is intended for fixes on top of V2, perhaps I should have stated this..
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I think I posted this in another thread but didn't get any answers... but I would love a script or something that would make WiFi automatically connect when Konqueror (web profile) is started.
Note sure how to accomplish this? I also would like Konq to see the proxy setting when you use them on a connection. You have to manually set them and turn off when not using them.

There is also a bug where the notification of a repeating event alarm in KOrganizer causes the auto-screen dimming feature to quit working until you've rebooted. For example, I have an repeat alarm set to remind my husband to take the trash to the curb once a week. Every week after the alarm goes off, my screen stay bright if I lock the screen/buttons. I have to logout and reboot to get it working again. This is only for repeat alarms - single notifications work just fine.
First I have heard, but I dont use alarms, I will play around see if I can recfreate. No clue how to fix it though?

Any idea if Usb host support already works or not?
Its already working in V2, there is a usb icon on taskbar? It toggle USB host mode

That all I can think of for now.
thanks
Thank you for all of you for your support!!!

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
Oh well, i guess i will have to re-clone my os again and install KDE again (wich takes 2-3 and a half hours for me )

But after words, i will be posting more accurate bug reports.

p.s. If i am running KDE version1, whi do i have a usb host icon in my task bar?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

I noticed konqueror is much slower loading sites than microb. Maybe make it load equal or faster than the hildon browser, If you can add flash support as well. Everything else looks good.

Originally Posted by 2timer View Post
I noticed konqueror is much slower loading sites than microb. Maybe make it load equal or faster than the hildon browser, If you can add flash support as well. Everything else looks good.
when you get that fixed, I think world peace would be good for the planet and maybe you could end hunger in the third world, if you get a chance...

sorry, I just couldn't help myself

bhang

The Following User Says Thank You to bhang For This Useful Post:
Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
krandr fix and screen rotation support maybe? Please?

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Qwerty, thats 500, you cannot make a signature with more characters, only bigger fonts
Hehe, I decided to cut down

I'll include a plug and how about some conky action? It works in KDE great.

I agree with josiahg777. We have modified kernel (i'm running fanoush's atm), modified x-server, libxrandr and xrandr available.

Rotation is done by the LCD controller, it does it directly via kernel afaik:
http://sse2.net/rotate/Updated_blizz...upport_v2.diff

Also, the source of the rotation applet:
http://sse2.net/rotate/rotate-sb-plugin-0.1.tar.bz2

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, penguinbait