Active Topics

Hello,

I really want to have a Nokia 808 pureview prototype.

Thanks in advance

Best Regards.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Those are a bit harder to get.. Although a buddy of my brother's has some Symbian prototypes.. I think he might have a pureview prototype.

I'll ask and will get back to you.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Better don't sell it to him. He'll de-solder parts and create a Frankenstein build from it. Think of like maybe using it's camera module in a(nother) N950. Horrible ideas.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2013-01-28 at 08:26.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
I would just love to do that. Build a frakenstein phone. But, the world doesn't work that way.

Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Well, my brother's friend isn't willing to sell his proto, he doesn't just test phones, he also collects them apparently lol.. Almost all of the protos that he has are actually his and are in either mint or in very good condition... Very good looking phones!!

I wish I had them lol!!! I would love to share pictures of them or even videos to tbe world... Him OTOH is really anal about NDA stuff lol he didn't even let me take a picture for personal purposes.. Bleh..

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Better don't sell it to him. He'll de-solder parts and create a Frankenstein build from it. Think of like maybe using it's camera module in a(nother) N950. Horrible ideas.
Why? N950 is oh so touchy subject. I'd understand the hatred towards him if he just put up some 'N950 droptest' vids, He's hiring company to try rewiring components. If they succeed... Boy I'd pay some money for 1GB ram in N900... Good luck to him I say, if a couple of N950s which were deliberately limited (not by him) in delivery get destroyed, not mine pain/tears... Still something awesome might come out of this if they succeed even once. So many N900s in half-life state around that could use more RAM etc... Maemo rebirth is an option if they succeed putting in double/quad core in there and somehow KP allows it... Sounds like iPple/MS: don't play with the thing you bought for hard earned money! We'll make it illegal for you to use our HW in undesigned by us way... screw that

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
If they succeed... Boy I'd pay some money for 1GB ram in N900...
That's not the only problem the N900 has nowadays.
Of course 1GB physical RAM would have helped..but the N900 is a weak device for 2013 standards in every way.

Needs more RAM, better cpu, better gpu, gorilla glass, better video capture, better FFC, better battery, larger screen and somehwat larger resolution , has to be slimmer and a little lighter.

Of course I am in love with it since I got it (Nov 2010).

Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post
Of course 1GB physical RAM would have helped..but the N900 is a weak device for 2013 standards in every way.
N900 with proper GPU drivers, no screen tearing and 1GB of RAM would make it a 2013 spec device. Maemo 5 is a much snappier OS at a low spec compared to any Droid. App launches are much faster. GPU would only be usable in games, which would be best if overclocked a bit SGX531 ultra running at 522MHz is a beast.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HELLASISGREECE View Post

Needs more RAM, better cpu, better gpu, gorilla glass, better video capture, better FFC, better battery, larger screen and somehwat larger resolution , has to be slimmer and a little lighter.

Of course I am in love with it since I got it (Nov 2010).
You would LOVE it with more ram. OC to 1050. GPU - GLES and you have HW accel. Don't droptest, you'll be fine. 920 or wait for 920x808 hybrid this year (rumor), FFS what is FFC?, battery mod or go for 920, also larger screen/resolution. You can't run a single sh script on the 920, but you have a better video capture, FFC (guessing), battery, screen, slimmer/lighter build. I'd say more ram on N900 kicks those out of the equation, something I might use

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
Front Facing Camera

needs better resolution

Tags
buying 808, nokia 808