Closed Thread
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
Hmmm I might do that, how long do you have once you get your phone to buy it? I wonder if asuriance from tmobile would cover this phone, I already have them, and they cover some of the unlock phones from nokia like the N95 and E90 even though they are not tmobile phone.
Well I placed my order on Buy.com in February (during the backlog) and received it in April. I bought the warranty the day I received it.

Originally Posted by http://www.squaretrade.com/pages/buyer-faq
For items purchased from online or offline stores, you can purchase a Care Plan to protect your item as long as the item was purchased within the past 90 days AND still has at least 90 days of manufacturer warranty coverage remaining.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Romeo0119 View Post
Hmmm I might do that, how long do you have once you get your phone to buy it? I wonder if asuriance from tmobile would cover this phone, I already have them, and they cover some of the unlock phones from nokia like the N95 and E90 even though they are not tmobile phone.
Already asked, and no they won't. As long as you purchase the extended 3 year warranty before your 1 year Nokia warranty expires you'll be fine. The 3 year warranty no matter what, starts from the day you get your phone so technically after your Nokia warranty is up you only have two years extra. Just read the fiine print and it'll explain it all.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spinnukur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by ceeceebee View Post
The N900 KBD is MUCH improved over the N97. Still only 3 rows, but the 2 extra columns make a HUGE diff. Big adds are the unshifted comma, and the Blue-alt key moved to the right. Off center space bar still weird but I fear I am getting used to it.
Well, I don't have any real problems with the N97, but when I did play with it (one of my friends works at a phone store, hence me being there all the time just to play with their phones haha) and the N97 didn't offer enough tactile feedback. It reminded me a lot of the Xperia X1, but the xperia had a worse keyboard than the n97 (depends on what you're talking about).

As long as I can type without having to look (after a few weeks of use) then I'm good to go I believe aside from having a decent layout, it's necessary to have GOOD tactile feedback and be able to spot-type without looking. I have the Blackberry Bold and I can't complain, great keyboard. I'm looking forward to a larger keyboard (like the N900).

I'm sure I can get used to the space bar and the period key's location. Time! I want my N900! Lol. Nokia is kind of slow :P I don't mind waiting as long as it comes out in top notch condition

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
I got my extended warranty for my N810 after I received it, from http://www.squaretrade.com... it was like $30 on a $220 item for 3 years with accidental damage included.

NOTE: I haven't actually had to cash it in, but they're pretty reputable from what I understand.
OK .... They only cover 400 dollars, and the phone costs 600 dollars.... (in my case, around 840 dollars! = 600 euros). I would opt for a better insurance company. Does squaretrade offer Out of US insurance as well? :s?

Thanks

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by zkyevolved View Post
OK .... They only cover 400 dollars, and the phone costs 600 dollars.... (in my case, around 840 dollars! = 600 euros). I would opt for a better insurance company. Does squaretrade offer Out of US insurance as well? :s?

Thanks
I dunno.

It should be on their website.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
For what it is worth, there is a new Nokia Brightpoint "pending" charge on my card, as of this morning.... hmmm. Just dropping that out there.

Thor

I have a nokia brightpoint pending charge since the 24 of sept. ordered on the 4th of sept.

Fingers crossed

Epi

Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Preordered via Amazon on the 19th Sept.

No email notification yet.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
Someone pointed out in a discussion list at amazon.com that the UK site already has a shipping estimate: October 26th.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-N900-M.../dp/B002QEBX5E

My bet is that the US shipping date will be close to it.

I ordered from macmall.com and got shipping notice today with no tracking number.

Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising