Active Topics

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
@derliebewolf
These so called 'sollutions' will never work ! (IMHO)

What you have is a run-away-prog ! Deal with it ! In that sense.
Deleting accounts etc, will just not, never work !

When MeeGotouchhome is the culprit, add some prog and delete it or make a symlink to your home screen and delete it. Seems to work for me the two times I had this problem.

Rebooting is a windows idiosyncracy, Linux does not need a reboot (99,99%). Install a prog, no reboot, install an new kernel can even be done without a reboot !

The Following User Says Thank You to eerde For This Useful Post:
about /home/user/.cache/tracker folder ... yes, my one is empty too ... but I am curious to know is your dates of that folder fresh ones (created and modified dates of properties of that folder) ... my dates are fresh ones, 22. and 23.01.2012 ...

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Eastern US
Periodic creation/deletion of desktop web link nearly always drops idle consumption on mine. There have been a few days that I had to do this 3-4 times over the course of about 2 hours.

My device idle was 6mA over the weekend and about 15 now.

I've never deleted any accounts and rebooting makes it worse or so it seems for me. I don't reboot unless there is a very good reason anymore. To date, there have been no good reasons for days and days now.

The Following User Says Thank You to jefftb For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by eerde View Post
@derliebewolf

When MeeGotouchhome is the culprit, add some prog and delete it or make a symlink to your home screen and delete it. Seems to work for me the two times I had this problem.

Rebooting is a windows idiosyncracy, Linux does not need a reboot (99,99%). Install a prog, no reboot, install an new kernel can even be done without a reboot !
Yeah, I now reboots are rarly nessecary on linux based OS's. Anyway could you pleas descibe a bit mor what you mean by "run-away-program"? And your way of "fixing" it?

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
@sconf

Did Sergey ever get back to you about whether he found anything useful in your logs?
*EDIT* It's to do with the second issue you developed, but it'd still be nice to hear from Sergey.

@derliebewolf

I think your solution will lie in carefully observing what sconf did, & trying to mimic that...
He didn't deal with it by killing processes, that's what he had to rely-on until the problem disappeared.
Upon quickly perusing, as far as I can tell this isn't the meegotouchhome issue, it's distinctly different.

Before you mimic everything he did, I'd encourage you to lodge a bug-report & describe your issue.
Mention that you can provide logs, as it may be handy to capture that data while the issue's live.
There's a big chance that you may not be able to reproduce the issue for them.
And so the bug will remain until some other unfortunate users stumble across it

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-01-23 at 21:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by eerde View Post
@derliebewolf

I can agree that a properly working phone does not need restarts ... but like fixing "Meegotouchhome" by moving icon, is gone after restart - "Meegotouchhome" just reappears ... in cases like that, it needs restart ... well, I have fixed "Meegotouchhome" problem in my phone just by enabling Developer mode, but that too, does not fix anything without restart ... I can get it back just by disabling Developer mode, again, needs restart, before it appears ...

I think that there is something that causes "Smartsearch" problem, it might be some apps or MfE or some other mail account setting or maybe corrupted indexing problem (still unclear case) ... well, I still suggest restart after any removal or change, to find it out, does it really change something (to know the both cases, without restart and with restart) ...

Last edited by jaripi; 2012-01-23 at 22:27.

I filed a bug now...
https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=704

If anyone else is affected, you might vote there...

Last edited by derliebewolf; 2012-01-24 at 10:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to derliebewolf For This Useful Post:
Guess what: after 48 straight hours of 100% CPU load the smartsearch process just vanished from the list of the "top" command. I did not change anything at all! I'll have a close look on that though, yet I'm happy my avg. idle consumption is about 10mA again!

The Following User Says Thank You to derliebewolf For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by derliebewolf View Post
Guess what: after 48 straight hours of 100% CPU load the smartsearch process just vanished from the list of the "top" command. I did not change anything at all! I'll have a close look on that though, yet I'm happy my avg. idle consumption is about 10mA again!
Damn, were you able to gather any useful data before it disappeared?
The Nokia devs would've been able to suggest the most appropriate logs etc.
I'm subscribing to that bug-report now and will vote etc...

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Damn, were you able to gather any useful data before it disappeared?
The Nokia devs would've been able to suggest the most appropriate logs etc.
no. anyway, where would I have to look for logs? /var/log/... ?