Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on May 2010 @ TMO
I don't know, but my Zen Bound has no icon.

Is it supposed to have no icon? I can't even find it in OVI store now!

Edit : Zen Bound is something like bondage with statues.

Last edited by rickysio; 2010-06-19 at 12:42.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
rickysio: I used to have this problem, but it was solved after installing another app. Weird indeed.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Regarding Stair Dismount and our future plans:

As mentioned in the original post, the other game that will be available on Ovi Store (as soon as possible) is SPiN, the fast-paced 3D shape-matching arcade puzzle game.

The sales of those two games will determine if further titles will be ported to Ovi Store. The math for that determination is simple: if the sales from Ovi Store are higher than the cost of taking one of our guys off some other project to do the port, then further games make sense.

So, the big picture for us is to get these two games out, see what happens and then figure out what to do next. It has been great to see the response on this forum and I personally tip my hat to everyone who's supported both our studio and the platform itself.

And for those who have uploaded Zen Bound to file sharing sites, I hope you someday understand how much damage you were doing in a critical time for the N900, a device you own and apparently want to play games on. Piracy can kill a platform, and right now is the worst time to steal a game if you ever want to see a new one.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Frand For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Frand View Post
And for those who have uploaded Zen Bound to file sharing sites, I hope you someday understand how much damage you were doing in a critical time for the N900, a device you own and apparently want to play games on. Piracy can kill a platform, and right now is the worst time to steal a game if you ever want to see a new one.
I find it almost (ALMOST) impossible to believe someone could be that stupid.

Frand, I truly hope and pray there will be enough demand. Btw (and as I am sure this has been discussed, sorry for not finding the answer although I tried): did you use Qt and if you did 1) will you make more games for Symbian as well 2) do you think Qt actually makes a big difference for developers?

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by jaysire View Post
I find it almost (ALMOST) impossible to believe someone could be that stupid.
I find it more reasonable that someone would actually be that stupid, then a leak on Secret Exit's servers or Ovi servers...
| DonateMe - If you feel I helped you in a very good way, feel free to donate |

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 637 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
Frand, I truly hope and pray there will be enough demand. Btw (and as I am sure this has been discussed, sorry for not finding the answer although I tried): did you use Qt and if you did 1) will you make more games for Symbian as well 2) do you think Qt actually makes a big difference for developers?
I can't give a reliable opinion on the usefulness of Qt since I'm not an engineer, but as far as my layman understanding goes, it's a UI toolkit and as such pretty irrelevant for games that tend to have their own UIs - you would just use Qt to set up a canvas for drawing with OpenGL ES. Zen Bound doesn't use Qt.

If Qt provides a layer of abstraction for realtime user input (multi-touch events, tilt sensors etc.), and abstracts the system audio and provides a mixer for streaming buffers, abstracts interrupts events and elegantly handles system graphics overlays then it probably would reduce headaches for cross-platform game development. If it doesn't, then porting games to Symbian will be as painful as always. As said, personally I haven't researched it and my opinion is worth a peanut

We currently have no plans regarding Symbian devices. That may change, of course.

thanks. i would think symbian now with its multitouch support, graphics acceleration etc. would be a much more intresesting a platform than maemo/meego given the much bigger volumes with still few high quality games. so hopefully you will change those plans!

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Is there a way to purchase this without giving out my phone number to Nokia? I'll gladly pay via Paypal or Visa to get a few titles in there, including this.

Nokia has annoyed me already with the SMS blunder, I'll hold out best I can to protect my privacy.

ETA: Don't hurry with the answer, apparently my card is the wrong type of Visa or something. Really, people, what exactly is wrong with Paypal?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-06-19 at 19:40.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ cambridge,england
great game really hope you ge the sales so more can be ported across.