Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
After somewhat lengthy consideration, I nominate the following fellow maemoans up for election;

(list in alphabetical order)
  • chainsawbike
  • gerbick
  • hurrian
  • jackburton
  • jalyst
  • mariusmssj
  • nieldk
  • peterleinchen
  • pichlo
  • rauha
  • rzr
  • sixwheeledbeast
  • smoku
  • wikiwide
  • win7mac

Please consider carefully the candidacy personally, and on accepting, post a short introduction ofy yourself here and on the mailing list maemo-community@maemo.org

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Excellent candidates.
Additionally, I nominate
  • chemist
  • Jaffa
  • juiceme
  • Mentalist Traceur
  • qwazix
  • thedead1440
  • woody14619

[edit]: added Mentalist Traceur
Current Maemo Community Council member

Last edited by Win7Mac; 2014-06-23 at 16:58.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
I've not been following this terribly closely, but am I right in thinking nominations were extended because no-one put themselves forward, and so people are now putting long lists of other (jolly good from the ones I recognise) names forward. If so, given I am busy giving my n900s new leases of life thanks to all the good gen on maemo.org, it would be churlish of me not to volunteer, if that is acceptable.

Want to improve the location bar's search capabilities? there's a wiki page for that too...

Last edited by TomJ; 2014-06-23 at 19:01. Reason: tyop

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to TomJ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
I'm gretaful to be on the list but I just don't feel I would be good enough, the community here is really great and there a lot of people far more worthy than me.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mariusmssj For This Useful Post:
thanks for the nomination, but i believe i am not yet eligible due to lack of karma

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chainsawbike For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by Win7Mac View Post
  • woody14619
While I appreciate nomination, I must decline at this time.

Personally, I would prefer to see a few names that have not already served on Council or Board in the past couple years (at least for the Council positions). I encourage those that wish to see this community continue, that have not already participated in this fashion, to nominate themselves and/or take actions to make themselves eligible. One relies on the other.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I appreciate nomination, and I do accept the nomination.

I must say also, I agree with Woody, I would like to see new names on the list that have not already been in Council. It is a great opportunity to make an influence and assist in keeping us alive. And I also think we need fresh meat with new inspiring ideas.

I will post to the mailing list during today as it is a requirement.

I think most of You knows me. I am the one who bricked several Jolla devices - but, also I am assisting and helping Jolla evolve, so that the device wont suffer from stuff that is put on eg openrepos.
That is mainly what I do, break stuff kidding, but it does happen when trying to improve things.
This kind of low.level work is what I adore. I am not a GUI guy, but prefer to work on the very deep basics of our devices (eg packet injection, monitoring mode on N9).
I have several devices, both Haramattan, Maemo, and SailfishOS based - yes - also Android and iOS (Hardly use them LOL).
That being said, most of my development atm is happening on Jolla. Propably like 75%, the remaining 25% is on Harmattan and to add it to 101%, I do spend a few minutes a month on Maemo as well.
I will leave Maemo as for device - but will be using scratchbox for the amount of development I will be doing.
I feel it better that I donate my N900 to the community and in this way helps evolving that platform (this is already announced).
In my spare time, I am a father of two lovely daughters and a huisband.
Job wise, I am a compliance manager, working for a larger aquierer in Denmark. I used to work as a professional penetration tester for a decade or more. But its time to calm down, and do less travelling to enable family time.

/Niel

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
After somewhat lengthy consideration, I nominate the following fellow maemoans up for election;

(list in alphabetical order)
  • rauha

Please consider carefully the candidacy personally, and on accepting, post a short introduction ofy yourself here and on the mailing list maemo-community@maemo.org
Thanks, but the timing is terrible. I must decline.

My lab is facing quite possibly a closing at the end year. For the next few months almost all my time will be devoted into trying to save the lab and the jobs for my underlings and lab technicians.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
After somewhat lengthy consideration, I nominate the following fellow maemoans up for election:
[*]gerbick
Thank you for the kind gesture; however without any ego involved in the next sentence, I do believe that I'd be the absolute worst pick for this awesome community.

Folks like woody, nieldk and a slew of others you listed are prime examples of what it takes to keep this community up, running and respected/respectful.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Thank you for the kind gesture; however without any ego involved in the next sentence, I do believe that I'd be the absolute worst pick for this awesome community.

Folks like woody, nieldk and a slew of others you listed are prime examples of what it takes to keep this community up, running and respected/respectful.
I would be even worse. Im power hungry, ignorant, too smart for my own wellbeing and constantly riding on a very high horse. But yeah, I respect your opinion.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: