Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
they cannot drop a product that i already bought. it's a treaty: money for phone. both parties delivered. no more business relationship. no more expectations.
as i said: there is more to it than just delivering physical hardware.

if you dont expect anything from nokia, thats good for you. but i'm pretty sure this kind of opinion is the minority.

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
If you look at the other phones, you will find similar issues:
iPhone 3G: Released: July 11, 2008[...]
is apple does is wrong, nokia has to do so too?

Posts: 319 | Thanked: 289 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lisboa, Portugal
Originally Posted by msa View Post
is apple does is wrong, nokia has to do so too?
Wouldnt you do the same?! 4 different OS (S40, S3, MeeGo and Maemo) one that profits are razor thin, one that looks like a pig with a with a lipstick, one that is the future (Nokia is crossing fingers in this one) and one of which is a dead horse.

Besides you cant hold Nokia accountable for something that the competition is not doing.

Nokia is not the flag bearer of altruism. It is a company and as a company it is not entitled to do more than just "here is your product where is my money". All of them do it this way. Nokia didnt mislead anyone with N900.

If it is right or wrong depends on which side of the fence you stand. As a consumer I think it is wrong, as a small business owner I think they are right.

Which it is not to say that I am not looking to sell my N900. But I was always a device whore anyway. :P

The Following User Says Thank You to HangLoose For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
another "lets blame nokia allday thread" ??

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
another "lets blame nokia allday thread" ??
Sure, why not? No really--tell me why there shouldn't be one, or are you implying that there should be far more "let's praise Nokia all day" threads? I certainly wouldn't be against that, too, although I doubt it will get as much of a run.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
i have had 14 months of support with my n900. Imo the timespan should be reported from first device sold in order to keep things in perspective
Sales started in November 2009 (a bit later in many regions), and PR1.3 was released in October 2010. I reckon that makes it ~11 months of support.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Sure, why not? No really--tell me why there shouldn't be one, or are you implying that there should be far more "let's praise Nokia all day" threads? I certainly wouldn't be against that, too, although I doubt it will get as much of a run.
in my opinion we have nokia blamed enough in the past few months.and the 20 threads about how much nokia failed are all similar.
i'm not against some blaming especially if nokia really failed in some points but we have near 2011,things are different and i think we should look straight forward to meego and if nokia fail again with it,a new lets blame nokia thread will make more sense then 20 old ones about known problems/issues.
anyway i know some guys need the blaming and i don't wan't to crash your day it was just my opinion.

and don't forget that any company had its fails,we saw burning iphones,crashing n97s and dying androids.
issues are there to be solved

regards

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Last edited by atilla; 2010-12-09 at 22:35.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Sales started in November 2009 (a bit later in many regions), and PR1.3 was released in October 2010. I reckon that makes it ~11 months of support.
I'm not sure that really changes the point or the conversation much at all, splitting hairs like that. His point still stands that he was happy enough with the support he's gotten so far. (Mind you, I don't agree with what he thinks to be good support, but if you're going to reply to him you should at least make an effort to present a valid counterpoint instead of a distracted irrelevant one).
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Brooksville, Florida
Originally Posted by toucan murphy View Post
My concern would be if they stop support for N900 that they stop new releases of Qt for N900. So that would mean anybody developing using Qt4.7+ features would not be easily able to taget n900.
By the time people are using Qt 4.7, I doubt anyone will still be using Maemo. RHEL 6 was just released-- with only Qt 4.6. Debian 6 is just around the corner-- also with Qt 4.6. Looks like Qt 4.7 won't be a viable platform for about 3 more years.

Originally Posted by atilla View Post
in my opinion we have nokia blamed enough in the past few months.and the 20 threads about how much nokia failed are all similar.
i'm not against some blaming especially if nokia really failed in some points but we have near 2011,things are different and i think we should look straight forward to meego and if nokia fail again with it,a new lets blame nokia thread will make more sense then 20 old ones about known problems/issues.
anyway i know some guys need the blaming and i don't wan't to crash your day it was just my opinion.
No problem, Atilla. You didn't crash my day or anything, but if it bothers you so much then why are you visiting these threads instead of starting up a thread about some cool new thing you figured out with the N900 or about how Nokia did something great today? You clearly have a far more optimistic view of Nokia than I do. Go out and start more of those conversations. Some will read it and participate in their agreement. Some will read it and disagree and have a conversation about how they don't agree. Either way, at least you'll have pointed out something positive and It's certainly better than participating in a thread of negativity if you dislike them so much. That's just sado masochistic, lad.

If you're simply bothered that the number of negative threads about Nokia is so overwhelmingly largelately, versus the larger number of technical, constructive and generally positive threads we used to see when it was the era of the 770/N8x0 and this used to be the Internet Tablet Talk forums, well... who can we blame for that?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
offtopic,
Nokia has record on supporting some of itīs models.
http://hunajatehdas.net/nokia/firmware/en/
Saying Nokia doesnīt support at all might be true on some devices, but not on all.

Tags
fat lady, hardly knew ya, ignore list, needs locking, troll party, trollercoaster, trolololo, wawawaaaa., whinge fest