Posts: 20 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by huntr77 View Post
I'd appreciate it if one of you fellow kiwis confirmed that the phone worked on NZ SIMs. Just a bit worried with the 3 Network SIM problems in the UK.
3 is unusual, though. The only problem you'll run into with Vodafone NZ is their crap prices and poor service, the SIMs will work fine.

Its sad to hear the cell phone network is really poor. Similar with DSL from what I understand too. I remember we used to lead the world in such things Think i'll stay in London for the time being...
We've never led the world in internet speed. Having only one bit of fibre leading out of the country kinda limits things.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Kingdom of Unexpected Treasure =)
Originally Posted by horus View Post
I got it off ebay for about $715 AUD. If you wait a while hopefully someone will buy the cheap ones off amazon at $480USD and sell them cheap.
thx for the reply, but amazon us cannot shipped to my country.

this the answer from amazon us when i contact them,

Hello,

I checked out and see that you are trying to buy "Nokia N900 Unlocked Cell Phone/Mobile Computer with 3.5-Inch Touchscreen, QWERTY, 5 MP Camera, Maemo Browser, 32 GB--U.S. Version with Full Warranty" on our website and verified it can't be shipped to Brunei Darussalam. Warranty and legal restrictions limit the delivery destinations for some products..
i guess i've to find another site

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by TaIz_s View Post

Expansys.co.nz offered shipping to NZ and Warrenty cover.

Originally Posted by TaIz_s View Post

Ahh what I mean is hopefully one of the people who sell in the US to Ebay will get wind of the Amazon price and sell it cheaper.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New Zealand
Does anyone know whether you get charged duty by NZ Customs when you order a phone from overseas via post?
I purchased the N97 off Amazon from the US when I was there 4 months ago. Well... I am now after the N900 (say no more)
N97 works here fine, but signal strength on Vodafone is probably the worst of any Nokia phone in my house.
I have pre-ordered the N900 off Amazon - and have 8 days for it to be delivered to my in-laws so they can bring it with them when they visit. I don't think it is going to happen
Even though I have selected a US address for delivery - it allows me to change to NZ. I haven't tried this yet but it seems to be allowed.
By the way - I have had my N97 camera scratch/GPS issue fixed at Nokia Care Christchurch under an international warranty....
They said they can do anything that isn't related to the software/hardware specific to the US so long as you have a genuine product.
As there are no plans to release the N900 here - I wonder whether they would help out in the same manner??

Cool, this thread is 'getting legs' like Daniel Carter on a run-a-way try. Thanks for all the tips.

Perhaps us fellow kiwis can keep some comms going on this site once we get the phones.

Cheers and chur chur bro's

J

Tags
n900, new zealand