This thread would be helpful to Nokia and also to owners to help determine if they might have a defective unit vs a general issue.

Production unit owners ONLY should post here of any 'facts' of stability/freezes. I'm guessing the majority of non-developer users would be uncomfortable with filing with bugzilla..

Hopefully this thread will be very short.

The Following User Says Thank You to bugelrex For This Useful Post:
Would be good if you report using the following format:

SOFTWARE VERSION:
(Settings > General > About product)

EXACT STEPS LEADING TO PROBLEM:
(Explain in detail what you do (e.g. tap on OK) and what you see (e.g. message Connection Failed appears))

EXPECTED OUTCOME:

ACTUAL OUTCOME:

REPRODUCIBILITY:
(always, less than 1/10, 5/10, 9/10)

EXTRA SOFTWARE INSTALLED:

OTHER COMMENTS:

Originally Posted by Venomrush View Post
Would be good if you report using the following format:
For anyone able and willing to go into that level of detail: please do it in bugzilla instead, where the people who can actually fix your problem will see it.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
The problem is the issue won't be resolved if nobody posts it to bugzilla.

So if people at least follow a standard format it makes it easier to copy and paste into the bugzilla. Otherwise this thread will soon turn into people complaining about problems and how they aren't being fixed.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
The problem is the issue won't be resolved if nobody posts it to bugzilla.

So if people at least follow a standard format it makes it easier to copy and paste into the bugzilla. Otherwise this thread will soon turn into people complaining about problems and how they aren't being fixed.
On one level, you are both absolutely right: these issues need to be reported to Bugzilla.

BUT, you need yet another log-in to do that, and dare I suggest that bugzilla is extremely unhelpful for people not used to this process. I'd go so far as to say it's confusing and scary. 'Average Joe' is not going to use it. He might, however, use this thread.

A bug fat notice saying something like:

"Please report problems to bugzilla. Howevere, if you are unable t do so for any reason, please indicate that they have not yet been reported."

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
As you've started another thread at http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=34878 (Thanks!) I'm interested in any issues you have with Bugzilla.

But in general, clear bugs should definitely end up in Bugzilla as that is the place where they are handled. Here it is not easy to make sure that they will be handled correctly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Bug reports are often not a one-way process, so the idea that was suggested above of copying bugs from here into bugzilla isn't likely to work except for simple bugs.

Of course, there's limited value in anyone using bugzilla given that we know it's missing huge amounts of information already, but it's certainly better than posting things in forum threads.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ewan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 794 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ /Canada/Ontario/GTA
Andre and the Bugsquad team are *very* forgiving of people not making complete, accurate entries in bugzilla. Even duplicate entries are handled in a very courteous manner by them. I speak from first hand experience... even though I've searched, I have entered a few duplicates in my time with bugzilla. Try your best to be accurate, and the rest of the process will ensure the bug report is satisfactory before landing on a developer's inbox.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to EIPI For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
For more information also see http://wiki.maemo.org/Bugsquad .

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post: