Active Topics

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
I sold my N9, got a good price too. It had been sat forlornly in a draw for a few months now and was getting no use at all. However it was easily my favourite mobile I have ever owned, and I have owned a few.

The trouble is i can't help thinking I have made a mistake in selling it. Logic tells me it was the right time but that is not helping and try as I might my Jolla comes nowhere close, in fact that may well go to ebay too.

Selling it has made me realise just how close Nokia came to getting over Symbian and how i feel much the baby was thrown out with the bathwater in the Sailfish GUI.

I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as i did.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Well, it is becoming too insecure to use as it does not enjoy support from diehards like N900 does. I use my N9 as a night table clock. The best I've ever had!

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
I sold my N9, got a good price too. It had been sat forlornly in a draw for a few months now and was getting no use at all. However it was easily my favourite mobile I have ever owned, and I have owned a few.

The trouble is i can't help thinking I have made a mistake in selling it. Logic tells me it was the right time but that is not helping and try as I might my Jolla comes nowhere close, in fact that may well go to ebay too.

Selling it has made me realise just how close Nokia came to getting over Symbian and how i feel much the baby was thrown out with the bathwater in the Sailfish GUI.

I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as i did.
Well, I totally agree with you on the part how close Nokia came to making a blockbuster product. In fact, I still think that Meego could have been the next big thing if Nokia would have seen and supported it.

I was just having a week long motorcycle trip and digged up my trusted N9 to work as a back up GPS. During the trip I again started in the evenings to play around with it. And truly, the OS is simply stunning. I have to be honest here, N9 is still the most elegant, easy to use and navigate smartphone I have ever crossed paths with. It is the only phone that have given me WOW-effect besides the first time I used iPhone all those years ago. And I hate everything Apple.

N900 with all its power was, at least to me, always the brute force, never elegance and beaty. No android comes close, even with custom ROMs' that I admit I have found some to be really good. Symbian with was nice and good, it just got "too old" to todays standards.

Truly, I still herald the N9 as best everyday phone I have used. Probably gonna use it for couple of weeks just to cherish the pure enjoyment of using the UI.

All it takes is a swipe

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 199 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on May 2009 @ turku, finland
i went back from jolla to n9.

mainly because caldav sync doesn't work reliably on jolla, but have been surprised at how much i still prefer harmattan on n9.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edgar2 For This Useful Post:
I sold all three of mine....... this week I bought another

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n9