Notices

Hello all,

The email client for me, is very bad.

Now I am using Claws Mail and for business use for me it's ok, but the windows layout can be improved and plugin few.

Many thanks to Maemo comunity for all your work even though Nokia

The Following User Says Thank You to windinthehair For This Useful Post:
Amazing, I was on #maemo last night talking about this.

I need to contact the current maintainer of claws and see if they have any objections, but I would really like to modify the UI on this.

After reading the changelogs, it wasn't boldly apparent who needs to be contacted. Any suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to noctule For This Useful Post:
Hi noctule,

I do not know :-(

I only know that the the manteiner is Lucas Maneos (Username - lma) but I do not know how to contact him

I think it takes very little to make it usable with n900 touchscreen...I think already kinetic scroll solve many problems...

And than, if possible, add multi-language dictionary and vCalendar.

I think with a few graphics modifications would be used by many people!

I've sent Lucas a message, so waiting for a response back.

I believe claws is just a port. So asking for a GUI redesign may be a bigger task then you think if the person (lma) doesn't have the experience or time to do it.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
I believe claws is just a port. So asking for a GUI redesign may be a bigger task then you think if the person (lma) doesn't have the experience or time to do it.
You are so *SO* right. Had a deeper look at the code, I might find it faster to just write a new client to do what I want.

I think with a few graphics modifications would be used by many people! ...like increase scrollbar size to use it with your fingers...

The Following User Says Thank You to windinthehair For This Useful Post:
Posts: 204 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rochdale UK
Originally Posted by windinthehair View Post
I think with a few graphics modifications would be used by many people! ...like increase scrollbar size to use it with your fingers...
He has the key ! = More touch friendly = wider user base !

Current offering. Not so good.

Please follow me on Twitter

www.twitter.com/marcdixon

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi,

claws-mail is super nicelly written and has served my needs a couple of years at least.

If you'd like to help bringing a new facelift you can contact the developers at:
http://www.claws-mail.org/

A couple of them have been quite active here in the past.

IRC, lma has recompiled the app for maemo 5 but he was not planning to work more on it. If you search for thread title "claws" you find many discussions and the reasons the developers have decided to stop further development for maemo.

HIH

The Following User Says Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
I wonder if it would be possible to write a qt app that frontended mutt. Ie, just write a gui rather than an entire mail client.

The Following User Says Thank You to paulkoan For This Useful Post: