Notices

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
I enjoyed the rant and agree with pretty much all in it.

The rabid fanbois here have ruined what little 'community' was here and the "Council" and its members..well...let's not go there .... ;-)

Bye to qwerty12 and good luck out there. Are you going Android like myself?
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-08-10 at 20:50.

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
I can't remember where I read it or when but I think it was Jaffa noting that there is a severe lack of people standing up and making things happen.. one of the foremost examples of this in my mind is Modest - the mail client on your n900.
Sorry for being out of the loop for awhile, personal life got busy. Totally off subject of this thread, but I'm working on a new email client

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
I hope you make alot of money in your life qwerty12, I am sure you will.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
Can qwerty12's rant be morphed into a polite statement by the Community Council and handled to Nokia to respond?

Or am I dreaming? Are the Community Council members really Nokia apologists?

I mean, we should try and get something useful from all this. Not just yet another extended forum rant.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Patola For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Ok, that rant it's a little disturbing, as it shows off the immatureness, frustration and other psychological issues from the author, altough it may be somewhat justified... and sincerely I'm most interested in analysing this psicological stuff rather than technological/ethical/political/moral topics related here. Thanks, qwerty12 for the good you made, sorry about your choice, hope you go well in the future.

agree with most of the rant except for the person specific attacks although thatshis perogative

too many ntards here that are worse then the itards - at least itards with return your iphone 4 if u are unhappy with reception

here u get flamed to hell saying its your own fault you didnt do research

and to the ntards who insist devs are happy and not leaving well you are making fools of yourself

You seem to have missed the message, you and others like you are part the reason why he left - you're simply leeches that create background noise without contributing anything..
Sure there's ntards that defend the N900 far too much and mostly nokia's approach to "open" software.

Far too many packages are still closed-source which are real blockers for devs like him.

Either way more devs are coming than leaving and I really don't know what you (last time I checked you didn't even have an N900) are doing here. Besides me (bored at current time) your opinions don't matter to anyone. You're simply irrelevant quantity.

So go play with your iCrap 4 and come back to troll when you have.
a) desktops and widgets
b) a phone that doesn't lose signal and not a toy

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Posts: 299 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Wales UK
Sad sad news indeed.
Agro ... : |##--------] Relic(s) : 770,N800,eee

I couldn't agree more with the overall tone of qwerty12's message.

It's sad that this community has imploded in on itself.

Nokia laughs at the GPL and treats it as if it were the BSD license.
"Openness" is the new "green" complete with "carbon credits" and other corporate baloney.

I hope to see you again, qwerty12, someday in another community, working on the elusive truly open platform (hw+sw). Thank you for everything.

qwerty12 has done more for Maemo than 90+% of us and that's the truth.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Guildford, UK
I too agree with qwerty12's message, for the most part, not the personal attacks on people. But I do feel that Nokia have left the N900 for dead with no hope for redemption. I have severely been put off from buying another Nokia device after this one, with the lack of support that the N900 is getting (or not). I look on with envy towards Android with its wealth of apps and updates to new standards (such as Flash 10.1).

I really hope Nitdroid will become mostly/fully compatible with the N900's hardware so that I too can have a slice of the Android pie without laying down any more money.

But it will take one hell of a convincing to get me to get another Nokia device after this one.

At the very least, if Maemo is now a dead end and Nokia are moving onto Meego and other things that Nokia could open all currently closed pieces in Maemo/N900 that way at least we could have a go at fixing the **** that Nokia can't be arsed themselves.

It's a shame to see qwerty12 go as he's done a decent amount for the community, and I would leave too if I had ~£400 to buy myself either a Nexus One or a Desire (or similar). But at the moment, I'm stuck with this decaying piece for the best part of 2 years.

I don't mind the device overall, it works well enough and I have no real complaints with it other than niggling issues of badly written Nokia code, if there wasn't the community that's here today, I'd probably have sent the device back to Vodafone within 2 weeks of receiving it, but the grass looks so much greener on the other side, where the 'droids roam wild and free.

Still, better than the iPhone, amirite? :P

Tags
childish, fa[n]bo[j]s, icanhazapp?, ranting, reality, ridiculous, strong language, teen_angst, warning