Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London, UK.
Hi guys,

I'm having this weird problem where I cannot see all the emails that are in my MfE inbox in modest. I have two accounts set up, one Mail for Exchange, and the other Nokia Messaging.

The MfE inbox does not show me all the email it says it has downloaded. I have my MfE mailbox syncing the last week's worth of email. If I look at the total number of items Modest says are in my MfE inbox, it says 238 (found in folder details).

However, I can only see 25 emails in my MfE inbox in Modest.

I cannot find any setting anywhere that filters the inbox view down to 25 items.

Any ideas what is going on?

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 274 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Finland
Modest is just sometimes showing wrong numbers, you really got just 25 mails.Just ingore the numbers if they are too huge.

I have received more than 25 emails in the last week, and MfE is showing that it is downloading more than 25. They are not appearing. 238 emails in the last week sounds correct.

It seems to be filtering, or only showing the last 25 emails I receive, regardless of the number of mails downloaded.

If I set MfE to sync more than 1 week, it downloads them, but modest still only displays 25.

Mark.

Originally Posted by markcub View Post
I have received more than 25 emails in the last week, and MfE is showing that it is downloading more than 25. They are not appearing. 238 emails in the last week sounds correct.

It seems to be filtering, or only showing the last 25 emails I receive, regardless of the number of mails downloaded.

If I set MfE to sync more than 1 week, it downloads them, but modest still only displays 25.

Mark.
I can confirm the same issue on mine. Have you filed a bug?

Originally Posted by noctule View Post
I can confirm the same issue on mine. Have you filed a bug?
I have 'resolved' the problem.

I had just under 10,000 emails in my Exchange Inbox. I archived the older emails in Exchange so that there are now just under 3,000 in my Exchange Inbox. (This is what I normally do anyway, but hadn't done for a while).

When I resynced, I could see all the emails in Modest that I would expect. So either it is a problem with you having massive Inbox, or I archived an email that Modest was choking on.

Cheers,
Mark.

I have 'resolved' the problem.
I lied :-(

When I go into my Modest inbox, it still only shows 25 emails. If I press 'Send & Receive', the missing emails appear.

However, when I exit Modest and come back again, it is back down to only showing 25. I can then press 'Send & Receive', and see the missing emails again.

Still sounds like a bug? At least I know how to make them appear now, which is a little help.

Cheers,
Mark.

I lied :-(

When I go into my Modest inbox, it still only shows 25 emails. If I press 'Send & Receive', the missing emails appear.

However, when I exit Modest and come back again, it is back down to only showing 25. I can then press 'Send & Receive', and see the missing emails again.

Still sounds like a bug? At least I know how to make them appear now, which is a little help.

Cheers,
Mark.
To be perfectly honest, I don't know what the likelihood is that it will get corrected. Thanks for the tip on getting them to reappear =) I've got tonnes of email in my exchange account that I have to go searching through, so it's much appreciated