Notices

Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
it's the terminal way of writting "ctrl + c" and "ctrl + v". "^C" will copy the last result, "^V" will paste your clipboard in the input text area.
Ha! That was too easy...
Nice feature.

For the log, you can allready write "log" with your keyboard (case insensitive I think), and it should recognize it
Nice.
for the 10^, i find it redundant with the "^" key.
You're right. It's just that I'm - lazy... ;-)
since you can get results like "1.22465e-16" (try calculating sin(Pi) ) I thought it would be nice to have the "10^" as one button, too. I use it on my hardware- calculator quite often at work.
But it's not really a must have. Perhaps better keep the free key for something else...

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
It's not difficult at all, please take a look at this.

This way a lot more users will notice your application.
It is absolutely not straightforward (took me more than a week), but yeah, it's in extra-devel!
although it doesn't start yet, so don't download it...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
besides:
Code:
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtXmlPatterns.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtSvg.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtOpenGL.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtDBus.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtScript.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtSql.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtNetwork.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libQtXml.so.4 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: dependency on libpthread.so.0 could be avoided if "debian/qalculette/usr/bin/qalculette/qalculette" were not uselessly linked against it (they use none of its symbols).
what should I do about that?

besides:
Code:
CODE
what should I do about that?
I love it!! Telling you that you compiled it badly - the cheek! It seems to be saying you're not using loads of the functionality that's been rolled up into the binary (e.g. header for a namespace included but no function from the namespace actually called). Either it's lying because it hasn't inspected the code properly or later releases should have the wheat sorted from the chaff (as it were).

Thanks. I look forward to trying this when it lands in the repos. The native calc is nearly good enough but missing a few key features and has a wierd input order.

Suggestion: (button names in square brackets)
Replace the [^C] with [M] or [M+]
Replace the [^P] with [MR]
- these are calculator conventions. [AC] should clear memory if there's no option for a separate [MC].

Last edited by demolition; 2012-01-25 at 00:03.

Version in extra devel installs fine! (icon is there, and it actually starts, although very slowly).

Copy paste ([^C] and [^V]) are not really for memory, but for interaction with other applications. Using the [res] key (+ number) gives access to any previous result.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Version in extra devel installs fine! (icon is there, and it actually starts, although very slowly).

Copy paste ([^C] and [^V]) are not really for memory, but for interaction with other applications. Using the [res] key (+ number) gives access to any previous result.
Yeah, it does start quite slowly but it does load so I'm not too fussed about that. Now I see the point of your copy/paste.

I hope you find this list useful and of some benefit. Please don't be discouraged by its length - I just stuck down anything I've noticed. Some items may be personal preference, more than anything else...
Observations:
- Really like the 2nd function on most keys.
- Really like the big, usable keys.
- Copy/Paste, to my mind might be better via a drop down menu from the top - save key space for calc functions? (physical Ctrl+ C/V would obviously do when KB is out)
- Portrait mode, layout is good - you even have space for more keys, although that might hide the output scroll.
- Landscape more looks funny - 3 columns on left, two on right with input box inbetween at bottom.
- Input box allows text. Perhaps force similar key behaviour to the stock calculator?
- It might be useful to change the background colour of the screen-keys when pressing Fn?
- Is there a way to clear all the rows of output?
- In due course, it would be worth having symbols and single charcters, instead of terms e.g. e instead of exp, π, instead of Pi etc. Even if the output is displayed as it would be written in code, it would make the keys a bit tidier.
- Really like that pressing [enter] produces a result (not like stock calc).
- Use of the "res" button is not initially clear - it requires a valid number as a suffix. Maybe the numbers should be highlighted once "res" is pressed?
- Really like the "res" function, once got it working.
- For some reason, with me, touching the input box brings swings the screen to portrait and triggers the VKB. Perhaps deactivate the built in VKB?
- The input box doesn't quite fit two rows, but is taller than 1 - might just be my fonts?
- Only thing I can see that it really doesn't do as expected, is when input is longer than 1 line of result scroll, it keeps result all one line and goes all over the numbers (in landscape) - seems ok in portrait.
- Like the cursor keys are very handy. Try \u0x21e4 (⇤) and \u0x21e5 (⇥). Would that require a font dependency?
- Like the bouncy scroll of the output.

Hope that list doesn't demoralise you. I really like this little qalc, especially in portrait mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to demolition For This Useful Post:
Yay, I managed to get:
- the N900 version in extra-testing (vote for it)
- the N9 version in ovi-store (for free obviously)

I'll try to implement some of the propositions in the next few months or so.

The Following User Says Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Any updates?

Uh oh sounding like nokiabot
After two years and almost a year absence very unlikely.
But maybe he/you (erendorn) left the code somewhere ??

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Any updates?

Uh oh sounding like nokiabot
After two years and almost a year absence very unlikely.
But maybe he/you (erendorn) left the code somewhere ??
Yeah sorry, I've stopped coding for the time being, not enough free time and motivation ..
The code is available though:
https://bitbucket.org/erendorn/qalculette

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Whoa, that was fast
Absolutely understood. But maybe I/we can get you infected again?

Anyway, thank you very much for the fast (not at all expected) answer.

Not to forget to mention I love this little calc (cannot get used to ati/hp notation). And I do not know any better/simpler.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2014-06-10 at 21:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post: