Notices

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Ok... Got it reproduced now... Thing is, if I use "files" instead of the appropriate media type, I don't get any thumbnails any more and the files are shown by their filename including filename extension without regarding tag information. I don't think I want to sacrifice this. In my opinion XBMC should be changed to show the contents exactly like the UI does when the mediatype is used.
You could also just take the directory name from the end of the path, in case of directories. I mean, in file mode, what's the use of assigning an album name to a directory when there's already library mode to do that?

Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
You could also just take the directory name from the end of the path, in case of directories. I mean, in file mode, what's the use of assigning an album name to a directory when there's already library mode to do that?
Sounds reasonable. I'll do that.

Yep, I'll remove it from there. Thanks.

The new API does not support that yet. However, now that I have added support for legacy commands anyways, I think I can add it. Haven't yet checked how the webinterface does it, so no promise so far.
Hi there, I've looked into this with Firebug:

For music clean:
The method called is
http://ip:8080/jsonrpc?SendRemoteKey
with the following parameters:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.Clean", "id": 1}
and here's the response:
{"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":"OK"}

For video clean:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Clean", "id": 1}
Response:

Hope this helps

The Following User Says Thank You to javiermon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
Hi there, I've looked into this with Firebug:

For music clean:
The method called is
http://ip:8080/jsonrpc?SendRemoteKey
with the following parameters:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.Clean", "id": 1}
and here's the response:

For video clean:
{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "VideoLibrary.Clean", "id": 1}
Response:

Hope this helps
Yes... Kozzi told me about this on the last page too and it's already implemented here now.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I've also updated the N900 version to 1.1. It should appear in the extras-devel repository soon. The changelog is mostly the same as for the N9 version:
* Added feature to download media from xbmc to the device
* Enabled keyboard to send the keys to xbmc when in keypad page
* Added options for call notification and ignore article for sorting
* Added item details dialog for currently played item
* Reworked some UI parts

Have fun!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
This latest update also works with the current RC2 build of RaspBMC, which is a XBMC distro customised for the Raspberry Pi.

Cracking, thanks

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
This latest update also works with the current RC2 build of RaspBMC, which is a XBMC distro customised for the Raspberry Pi.

Cracking, thanks
Ah right... The XBMC guys made a small change in their webserver shortly after releasing Eden which breaks compatibility. Therefore version 1.0 only works with Eden while version 1.1 works also with current git master of xbmc.

I guess the RaspBMC is using some git version which includes that change already.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Howdy!

Time for another announcement

Xbmcremote 1.1 for Harmattan just hit the Nokia Store! Here's the changelog:

- Added an itemdetails dialog for the curently playing media
- Completeley reworked the keypad (hopefully for good)
- Added a feature to search in lists (pull the list down to get the searchbar)
- Added feature to download media from your Xbmc to your phone (long-tap in the lists)
- And many more UI tunings and bugfixes you reported (thanks for that).

Some words on the keypad:
This is somewhat experimental. I hope you all like it. In my opinion the new keypad is easier to use without looking at the phone. For basic navigation, pull the select-button to the direction you want to move. For fast walking through lists, keep the select-button pressed until it vibrates twice. Keep pressed and move to the direction you want to scroll. The further you move your finger, the faster it scrolls.
There is now also a way to enter text at xbmc using the mobile phones virtual keyboard. Every key you press will be directly submitted. To close the keyboard, press the enter-key. I couldn't find a way yet to replace the enter-key with a "close" button. If someone knows how to do this, let me know.
Please let me know how you get along with it. After using it for an afternoon I thought its better than what I had before and decided to publish it.

That's it,
Happy remote-controlling!
After playing a little with this version, i can see that download media does not seem to work for me (nothing happens when i press it).

The old issue of adding a folder with mp3s still doesn't work...

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
After playing a little with this version, i can see that download media does not seem to work for me (nothing happens when i press it).
Hmm... odd... Can you send me some logs please (preferably via email)

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
The old issue of adding a folder with mp3s still doesn't work...
And unfortunately that won't change for Xbmc Eden. If Xbmc does not add it, there's nothing I can do. I won't add recursive behavior to xbmcremote as that is even more fail prone than if xbmc itself would do it. If you really want to keep using Xbmc in files mode instead of the intended way (the library mode), you will have to get used to this issue.

Hmm... odd... Can you send me some logs please (preferably via email)

And unfortunately that won't change for Xbmc Eden. If Xbmc does not add it, there's nothing I can do. I won't add recursive behavior to xbmcremote as that is even more fail prone than if xbmc itself would do it. If you really want to keep using Xbmc in files mode instead of the intended way (the library mode), you will have to get used to this issue.
when trying to download a file i get this message in the console:
"This model does not support downloading"

mzanetti - i never tried to add a recursive folder structure to the playlist - only a single folder with only mp3s in it - i also tried to add a simple folder with no special chars on my D drive (windows/ntfs) with just 1 mp3 file named "test.mp3" and i still does not work.

here is the log:

Error reply received:
Request: "{ "id" : 77, "jsonrpc" : "2.0", "method" : "Playlist.Add", "params" : { "item" : { "directory" : "D:\\Media\\Music\
\Tracks\\111\\" }, "playlistid" : 0 } }"
Reply: "{"error":{"code":-32602,"message":"Invalid params."},"id":77,"jsonrpc":"2.0"}"

The Following User Says Thank You to impeham For This Useful Post: