Active Topics

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
The one without USB port is in perfect condition, even with CSSU installed :-) Switched it back off, though.
The with USB port needs new main-flex-ribbon. The glass is patchy, but I am sure it works - just some material shed off the glass due to extensive usage (maybe, it never had screen protector?).
More updates later :-)

Thank you. Best wishes.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
More updates...

Looking at the one with USB port: I put new main-flex-ribbon into it, and can see the blinking orange light when charging a battery, or the white light when trying to switch it on. However, the LCD does not display anything (is it fault of LCD or something else, do not know), and there was lots of something brown-sticky inside (old main-flex-ribbon was very difficult to detach from LCD display; to the point that one of six screws is still stuck, near the front-camera-of-flex, and refuses to unscrew); it's possible that LCD does not work, but not confirmed yet (will try my old broken-in-half LCD with it, just to see if anything can be seen).

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I also got blue 16GB Nokia N9 together with them: it has broken USB door and no SIM tray inside it. I have got new USB door and SIM tray and put them inside; however, SIM tray is prone to jumping out when USB door is opened - probably because of bent corner of plastic case. The glass is scratched, a lot (no screen protector was used, apparently), but it boots, and boots well (really, Maemo 6 looks a little like Maemo 5 - the time-selection dialogue at start-up wizard, for example). I cleared the device and uninstalled whatever games I could uninstall from it, but it still displays "yes Optus" words, so I may need unlock the device from cellular provider (or whatever; will bother with it later, when I check that the phone does detect a SIM).

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia n900, sold n900