Poll: Buy n900 again?
Poll Options
Buy n900 again?

I'll qualify my yes. I'd buy another if I wasn't expecting Meego devices imminently.
Agro ... : |#---------] Relic(s) : N900, MacBookPro, NSLU2, N800, SheevaPlug, Eee-901, Core2-Quad, PS3
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they're not."
--
Beware of extras-devel.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Most likely, unless something similar came out with MeeGo, and was getting reviews that made me think it was like the N900 or better (I am perfectly happy with the N900 as a phone, because it had all the miniature-computer aspects I truly wanted, and I honestly couldn't care less about half of the "missing smartphone functionality" that is mostly whined about on here. I get that some people need it for their jobs or lifestyles, and some just want that out of their phone, but I'm happy with my full browser so long as no-one user-agent-traps it, and with the fact that I have a system with the hackability this one has). They're starting to get cheaper and cheaper, so I probably wouldn't mind paying the money for it.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
This is all assuming you couldn't dry it out and use it still... As a few people have noted, you can usually dry and use the device again after some time in a bag of rice.

If I did it today, yes. If I did it in a year? It would depend on what else is available. Based on the current devices, the N900 is still a clear winner. But who knows what will come out in the next year or so. I got the N900 because of how open it was and it's features. If another device like that is out, maybe I'd consider that one too?

Only if I had the money.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ wigan,england
yes definetly.

well.... I probably would wait for a MeeGo device.... use a low end phone in the meantime ....but will miss the n900 dearly

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainmaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Claim it as stolen... get a replacement. No way I'm reaching in a toilet for anything.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Well I like my N900 I really to but sometimes it just gets annoying , especially when I go to Ovi store or use slow as hell App manager or usless Ovi Maps...so at that times it looks like crap and if i dropped it down the toilet at that time I would feel my phone finally got where it belongs

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Yes, definitely. And I'm not a developer.
No other phone fits my work style as closely. And I get OpenOffice, fm transmitter and a somewhat usable camera as a bonus.

Cheers, Mathias

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Okay. There were already many threads about this.
So, short answer: Yes.

Tags
fanboys' heaven, n900 sh*t smell, take one from a, tmo troll cheap