OGGCamp 10 is being held on the 1st and 2nd of May in Liverpool.
Does anyone want to Meet up there? or, even better hold a talk about Maemo, MeeGo and the N900 in general?

I was at the last OGGCamp and there was a buzz about this new device Nokia were releasing, people were asking if anyone had a pre-production version.

Presuming I get my holidays OK'd at work I'm going, anyone else?

Originally Posted by andyfrommk View Post
OGGCamp 10 is being held on the 1st and 2nd of May in Liverpool.
Does anyone want to Meet up there? or, even better hold a talk about Maemo, MeeGo and the N900 in general?

I was at the last OGGCamp and there was a buzz about this new device Nokia were releasing, people were asking if anyone had a pre-production version.

Presuming I get my holidays OK'd at work I'm going, anyone else?
I'm not able to go, but I'll volunteer a thought that popped into my head, though: You should talk to Dan on the linux outlaws podcast, since he has (had?) an n900 and he is obviously going to be att oggcamp.

The Following User Says Thank You to mannakiosk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mannakiosk View Post
I'm not able to go, but I'll volunteer a thought that popped into my head, though: You should talk to Dan on the linux outlaws podcast, since he has (had?) an n900 and he is obviously going to be att oggcamp.
I did and got this response

Hi Andy,

I do have an N900 at the moment on loan from Nokia yes. They sent it to me just before Christmas to test out and review. I've been emailing them and trying to get some Maemo developers involved in our event. So far they haven't been very responsive as a company. I'd love to have some N900 talks, demos and so on.

The situation with Meego and the future direction has worried a lot of people. It would be good to discuss what's happening and where the N900 and other devices will be going. I think it's a good opportunity for Nokia to communicate with the public.

We have an ideas wiki for the event at ideas.oggcamp.org

You could put some talks on there, activites, parties or whatever else you think of. Maybe get others talking about it too and generating ideas.

Sounds really good, best of luck with it

See ya

Dan

So, anyone fancy doing a talk on the direction of MeeGo or maybe a demo of the N900's features (bring your TV out cables)

Bump.

Really, community, go there and meet up with like minded people, network and report back with sunshine stories about the wonders of community.

sounds pretty freaking good if you ask me, get a good number of uk n900 users and just crash the party so to speak, but seriously being around other n900 like minded people would be great indeed

gav

Unfortunatley I'm not able to go.
There will be some engineering works on the west coast main line which will mean I will arrive in liverpool well after midday.
Coach travel is not viable either, four hour minimum journey time which will arrive in Liverpool at half one.

Sorry to start this thread and then not be able to attend, have a good one though.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Am on my way to oggcamp currently and if I hadn't seen this post, would have posted my own. Typing this on the train on my N900 so it will be there (love Virgin trains for their power sockets and glad 2/3G most of the way ) and would love to meet other owners. I will check the ideas.oggcamp page but feel free to tweet me at the same twitter id as my username here (emails may get slightly more delayed pickup) or mentioin N900 with the oggcamp flag. There for both days.