Active Topics

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Argentina
just, amazing. thank u so much

The Following User Says Thank You to patocr For This Useful Post:
All of my rules disappeared after a reboot.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by JLo View Post
I would like to create a rule to check CELL ID and WLAN visibility.
That could limit nicely any possible problems of WLAN scanning using battery.

I'll add this to things to do, but I don't know when this will be available. I'm not also sure if WLAN scans can even be forced by ProfileMatic while the device is in power saving mode.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
All of my rules disappeared after a reboot.
WhitP also mentioned something like that. I guess you also first installed ProfileMatic, did some changes, rebooted. And the rules were not there.

It may be that the daemon is not started as user for some reason after installation so it can't save the rules to correct place. I'll have to test this. At worst this would mean phone would have to be rebooted after installations/updates, which would be annoying but I guess not horrible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
I have a problem with account availability mode change.
I have created a rule, which should turn every account to offline (skype and gtalk) when I'm connected to specified WLAN and also bluetooth should be turned off.
When I connect to that WLAN, bluetooth will be turned off but accounts stays online. If I open profilematic (while I'm still connected to that WLAN) to edit any rule and save it all accounts goes to offline like they should.

I have installed profilematic from Nokia store and version is 1.4.0
Anyway, thanks for this fantastic app!

Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
I have a problem with account availability mode change.
I have created a rule, which should turn every account to offline (skype and gtalk) when I'm connected to specified WLAN and also bluetooth should be turned off.
When I connect to that WLAN, bluetooth will be turned off but accounts stays online. If I open profilematic (while I'm still connected to that WLAN) to edit any rule and save it all accounts goes to offline like they should.
Opening and saving a rule in ProfileMatic only causes the rules to be re-evaluated. The problem you had is probably related to the following:

There's a bad problem with ProfileMatic 1.4.0 due to the workaround on getting flight mode and power saving mode working. If ProfileMatic works for you, you're lucky.

If it doesn't, for example doesn't even start or the rules are not saved, you can try the following trick:

After installing ProfileMatic uninstall or install some other application. This may fix the issue.

The problem is being looked into, and I will post an update to Nokia Store once a correct fix is found.

There was a bad problem with ProfileMatic 1.4.0 caused by the workaround to get Flight mode and Power saving mode working. If you have installed that version, I strongly suggest to install this fixed version:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi....4.1_armel.deb

Remove the version installed from Nokia Store first.

Basically the old version, in some situations, caused the background process to run as a wrong user.

Symptoms could be at least some of the following:
- Rules did not persist across reboots
- ProfileMatic did not start
- Failures to set availability

It'll take a while for the fix to appear in Nokia Store.

Thanks a lot to chillip and itsnotabigtruck in helping finding the problem and the fix.

Last edited by ajalkane; 2012-03-10 at 08:09. Reason: Fixed URL

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Thanks but that URL doesn't work

The Following User Says Thank You to tonyk For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
Thanks but that URL doesn't work
Thanks, I fixed the original post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
WhitP also mentioned something like that. I guess you also first installed ProfileMatic, did some changes, rebooted. And the rules were not there.

It may be that the daemon is not started as user for some reason after installation so it can't save the rules to correct place. I'll have to test this. At worst this would mean phone would have to be rebooted after installations/updates, which would be annoying but I guess not horrible.
I see. It's working correctly now.