Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Its like nokia has read my mind. Until now, I had the feeling of over-carrying gadget, my n82 and n810 in my jeans but now it seems n900 has put an end to my such feeling and I can't wait to see myself holding one of its kind. However, I have one more expectation of nokia - now that nokia has implemented phone functionality into maemo, is there any sign of nokia making maemo version of n-gage like other software??? that would be just great!!!!!!!!! and I'm impatiently awaiting nokia to do just so.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Its like nokia has read my mind. Until now, I had the feeling of over-carrying gadget, my n82 and n810 in my jeans but now it seems n900 has put an end to my such feeling and I can't wait to see myself holding one of its kind. However, I have one more expectation of nokia - now that nokia has implemented phone functionality into maemo, is there any sign of nokia making maemo version of n-gage like other software??? that would be just great!!!!!!!!! and I'm impatiently awaiting nokia to do just so.
N-Gage is pretty much dead right now. The tablet contains no DRM either, so it's highly doubtful we'll ever see N-Gage on it, sorry.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
N-Gage is pretty much dead right now. The tablet contains no DRM either, so it's highly doubtful we'll ever see N-Gage on it, sorry.
Thanks for the reply. However, there are lot of cool games being developed now-n-then in n-gage so what exactly do you mean by "pretty much dead"? Also, though I have no idea what DRM is, can't it be included in n900? wouldn't it be any beneficial whatsoever? coz it would be great to be able to play those games in bigger screen with higher resolution..

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
Thanks for the reply. However, there are lot of cool games being developed now-n-then in n-gage so what exactly do you mean by "pretty much dead"? Also, though I have no idea what DRM is, can't it be included in n900? wouldn't it be any beneficial whatsoever? coz it would be great to be able to play those games in bigger screen with higher resolution..
Nokia killed off their entire Canadian N-Gage division a month or so ago. DRM = digital rights management. Pretty sure Ari Jaaksi or someone else high up at Nokia said N-Gage won't be on N900.

won't there be commercial apps at the ovi store for n900, if not then how does it hope to compete with apple and their istore?

open-source is all very well, but people write awesome istore apps because they can make money there.

and if there are commercial apps, why not commercial games, same problem.............

We'll have to wait for Nokia World to see if they have some solution for that or not.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
as maemo as no drm does that mean we wont be seeing nokia music store on the new devices ?
i did read a while nokia was making there music store DRM free but it all as gone quiet on that front, this would be a good time for them to make it happen

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
let me state this bluntly, in the hope that nokia will see this:

if they don't enable commercial games to be developed for and sold on the n900 then they are unmitigated idiots.

they have a near identical hardware platform to the 3GS, which along with its siblings has a huge number of really good commercial games.
if there is a mechanism that allows it then those same developers would happily port their games to other similar platforms, if that means more sales.

nokia MUST have a solution to this.