Hi,
I'm considering buying a used Nokia N9, as I have a Lumia 800 since the autumn of 2011 but am not 100% happy with it.

I have not found something like this in other threads nor in other forums, so here's my question:

I don't want to change devices so often and try to use the N9 for a long time (even if the hardware is very outdated). To be a little bit future-proof, an opportunity to use Joyn (before called 'RCS-e') on the device, would be very cool. I don't like WhatsApp/Wazapp that much, and I'm not sure, how long it will work this way because WhatsApp Inc. now claims charges on other platforms. To be without such a service would be inconceivable.

Is there any Client, that allows using Joyn on MeeGo/Harmattan? If not, would it be possible at all?

Thank you

Edit: The Joyn website tells, that Nokia devices already support it, but I could not come across, which ones. Maybe a port will be possible?

Last edited by eruanno; 2013-02-28 at 02:35.

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 302 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Suomi (Finland)
The Joyn website tells, that Nokia devices already support it, but I could not come across, which ones.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyn#Ec..._Manufacturers

PS. Maybe one day people will choose an open protocol instead of every other year flocking to a new "soon to be paid" service.

Last edited by ladoga; 2013-02-28 at 04:44.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladoga For This Useful Post:
Thanks for this. So the Nokia 700, running Symbian, will support it (or is it already)? The Lumias/WP8 don't support Joyn at the moment, for all I know.

What's your summary then? Will it be possible or not? Does it depend on the carrier?