Notices

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by pelago View Post

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
If I could figure out how to PM here...
The link that Saturn gave you (http://maemo.org/profile/view/brentdc/) was to a maemo.org profile (which is different from a talk.maemo.org profile!) so you can't PM him via the forum using that link. However, I notice his email address is public on that profile...
Sorry for this..
Here is the direct link if you want to PM him: http://talk.maemo.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=15761

On the right side of the profile page there is a link below "Websites".

Last edited by Saturn; 2009-09-06 at 19:24.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Sorry for this..
Here is the direct link if you want to PM him: http://talk.maemo.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=15761

On the right side of the profile page there is a link below "Websites".
No apology necessary, I emailed him, so I'll PM too.

Does anyone have any samples of other icons that go in that position? I'm working on the new icon, but I want to make sure I fit the feel of the rest of the icons on the device

Actually, if one doesn't exist yet, should we put together a design package with reference material for icons etc.?

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Well, the N900's UI will use the new Nokia's s60v5 simple and glossy icons, like these in this picture:

The Following User Says Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Looking at your site, it seems pretty similar to my Flash skills (though I am mainly UI, and not a lot of actionscript (apart from a bit of copy & pasted code from Google )). I've only done it for little personal things, and never anything big, biggest I did was a Flash portal for the PSP three years ago when they were popular, after the PSP got Flash. How could I use this to help with Maemo? I've never thought I could, as SDKs, APIs, everything else that I thought was vital, well... scare me . I've done nothing professional, only advancing from learning very basic Flash stuff when I was in high school four years ago. What would you guys recommend I do?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
Does anyone have any samples of other icons that go in that position? I'm working on the new icon, but I want to make sure I fit the feel of the rest of the icons on the device
Hi, didn't know how to help; so zipped all icons I've found in /usr/share/icons that are for the status bar and attached it here.

Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip icons.zip (170.5 KB, 218 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
Looking at your site, it seems pretty similar to my Flash skills (though I am mainly UI, and not a lot of actionscript (apart from a bit of copy & pasted code from Google )). I've only done it for little personal things, and never anything big, biggest I did was a Flash portal for the PSP three years ago when they were popular, after the PSP got Flash. How could I use this to help with Maemo? I've never thought I could, as SDKs, APIs, everything else that I thought was vital, well... scare me . I've done nothing professional, only advancing from learning very basic Flash stuff when I was in high school four years ago. What would you guys recommend I do?
Haha, same man, never took a flash/coding/design course in my life and now, its more or less my career. I went to FITC this year in Toronto, and some Nokia guys came for a presentation discussing how "soon" actionscript 3 will be supported to build whole apps. I'll see if I can dig up my resources.

I did some icon work for Xournal, a cool app by anidel (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...928#post331928) not the BEST icons, but you can see that I do have some knowledge in what I am doing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
Damn, I should pull my finger out, I could be doing stuff like that... time to step off the bench and enter the word of development! 'New thread' away!