Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 150 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Finland
Well, after all this waiting I finally re-encountered the problem as my third-party widgets disappeared. The desktop restore shortcut restored them with ease.

I also encountered this graphics glitch (on the top, purple pixels, appeared in every program):

For the heck of it, I tried the desktop restore shortcut before the apparently inevitable reboot, and it fixed the glitch obviously it was the killall hildon-home part of it, but funny nevertheless.

Not sure what the problem is with my handset, but since a few updates came down last week I've been unable to have any shortcuts or widgets on any desktops whatsoever.

After struggling to keep anything (other than 6 bookmarks) displayed for more than 5 mins I am left with blank desktops.

I'm beginning to suspect that an update to one of the apps is causing the issue.

Any ideas?

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
I'm not 100% sure, but I think Qnetmanagers widget causes all of my widgets to disappear seemingly at random. I've now disabled it to see if it makes any difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
currency exchange widget is notorious for this. kills widgets clearing the entire desktop screens all the time. only does it when its active

The Following User Says Thank You to Keferen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Turin, Italy
had this problem myself, everytime i added currency exchange widget to the desktop it killed all third party widgets, i uninstalled personal dataplan monitor widget and now evertything works as it should, it's like they were conflicting in some way....

The Following User Says Thank You to salemsnake For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Yeah, Currency is worst, followed by QNetMan. Nice hint with uninstalling Dataplan, though, will try.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post: