Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

@ Ammyt. my nitdroid also is slow. not that slow but slow. any game hangs like fruit ninja and others. cant play lane splitter as the accelerometer always shifted to the right. any fix for these problems to make it fast and fix accelometer. i overclocked it to 900 via set cpu. install N12 via ur auto installer.kernel rc 5
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Stockholm, SW
Hey ammyt;

Everytime i boot into omap, from multiboot and come back, i can NEVER boot back into kernel-power.

..and NITDROID is so friggin' cool. ..let no one say otherwise.

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
@ Ammyt. my nitdroid also is slow. not that slow but slow. any game hangs like fruit ninja and others. cant play lane splitter as the accelerometer always shifted to the right. any fix for these problems to make it fast and fix accelometer. i overclocked it to 900 via set cpu. install N12 via ur auto installer.kernel rc 5
Hello, I am not Ammyt but might be able to help
try the dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m tip, the explanation is many pages before, it requires changing a config file, give it a look

Hey can anyone help me with this..??
When i run
Code:
 df -h
..it gives me a list, the first line of which says:

Code:
Filesystem   Size      Used    Available Use%  Mounted on
rootfs      227.6M   203.7M    19.7M     91%   ubi:0rootfs

91%..!? What does this even mean..??

The entire thing is attached herein in the text file:

Shebang.txt

..does this mean that 5GB is insufficient..?? I don't get it, in the 'Memory Usage' option in File Manager, it says this:

Name:  Mem.jpg
Views: 562
Size:  39.7 KB

My devicevolution: Seimens C2, Nokia 6600, Nokia 3230 (red & then black), Nokia 6630 ME, Nokia N73, Nokia N900

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Qatar | http://pininthemap.com/maemo
I have been using NITDroid since two months. did NOT face any problems during installation.
Now all of sudden (without any modification). It shows guru meditation error when NITDroid is chosen at bootscreen.

Code:
Mounting root device mmcblk0p2 failed
And there are NO issues with Maemo. kernels: omap, powerl48, 49

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
Secondly, NITDroid runs as smooth as Maemo
at 805MHz. Android really needs more RAM to run smoothly. 512MB would be nice. 256MB of RAM results in excessive process killing in the background.

On a side note, if calls worked, N12 would be usable daily. The app you're using doesn't FC, like older versions for NITDroid.

BTW, is N14 moving to u-boot? I heard that it no longer uses a ramdisk. That would be really nice -- multiboot sometimes fails to properly flash the kernel, and I need to connect it to flasher to upload a good kernel again.

Originally Posted by anees View Post
I have been using NITDroid since two months. did NOT face any problems during installation.
Now all of sudden (without any modification). It shows guru meditation error when NITDroid is chosen at bootscreen.
{..}
And there are NO issues with Maemo. kernels: omap, powerl48, 49
..you never know. Do a fresh install. Start from scratch, follow every command to the hilt..

@ammyt:

I may be on to solving this issue with multiboot, backupmenu, NIT & KP49 all intact. If i do, i'll let you know what i did so that you can add a note to your Easy Install on eMMC - Wiki.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
On a side note, if calls worked, N12 would be usable daily. The app you're using doesn't FC, like older versions for NITDroid.

BTW, is N14 moving to u-boot? I heard that it no longer uses a ramdisk. That would be really nice -- multiboot sometimes fails to properly flash the kernel, and I need to connect it to flasher to upload a good kernel again.
Hi..!

Is there really an issue with multiboot that fails to load the kernel..? I mean, is it a bug in the 'multiboot' application, or is it something more basic like a limitation of the device itself which multiboot can't overcome..? I ask because multiboot itself looks great.. and IT PERFORMS with BackupMenu (which is an awesome tool).

Originally Posted by rb26vl View Post
For anyone having issues with "Force close" errors in a lot of apps in Nitrdoid (OOME usually), the following fix should help:

1. Boot into Maemo
2. Open X-Term (Ctrl+X)
3. Run 'vi /home/system/build.prop'
4. Press i to change to edit/insert mode
5. At the end of the file, add the following line:
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
6. Press 'esc', write ':wq'
7. Boot back into Nitdroid and you should be sweet
- Where the HELL is that file..?!?! I wish to be sweet too, very actually.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by stryker9 View Post
- Where the HELL is that file..?!?! I wish to be sweet too, very actually.
i never face any problem except i cant install that shitty chainfire,

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid