Active Topics

Now I got a reboot while I wanted to connect to wi-fi. I have touched internet connection and bam there it was. Reboot. I'm starting to think that this device is somehow borked. When my wife getgs home I will steal her battery as a last resort chance.

edit:

new entry in lifeguard_reset the mce thing:

/sbin/mce --force-syslog: 1
/usr/bin/hildon-home: 2
/usr/bin/camera-ui: 1
/usr/bin/ohm-session-agent: 2
/usr/bin/systemui: 4

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
i had those random reboots on my Jolla, multiple times a day. it was really annoying.

i simply put some (very little) WD-40 on a Q-Tip and cleaned the battery contacts with it. this is about 2 years ago and no reboot ever since, you should try that

Yesterday I gave my N900 a real hard beating - the swap went to 300 mb, the CPU was always or nearly always on 600 mhz with running media player, multiple browser windows, gpoder syncing, app manager installing aps, timer counting time and... nothing. Rock solid. The only difference was that I was not in tablet mode and gsm was on. But this might be a coincidence or just luck. Will test further with GSM on. Maybe the tblet mode app is the issue here.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
I do not know this tablet mode app you speak of. I use Advanced Interface Switcher. It does the job wonderfully.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
It is this thing:
http://maemo.org/downloads/product/M...cell-modem-ui/

Hmmm - I might try AIS and check it.

@Pichlo

I have tried the app you have proposed and got a tremendous freez - I could only take out the battery. The gsm was turned off and I was in app manager installing apps to stress the system.

Then I have uninstalled it, overcklocked to 1000mhz and went to app manager. Installed many apps and... nothing!

The bottom line is - this phone for some unknown reasons doesn't like te gsm to be switched of with apps. I think that the build in offline mode is accepted by this crazy N900.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
... I have pushed the power off buton and selected switch off, and the phone rebooted by itself instead of turning off...
This happens on my N900 as well. I would say roughly 1 in 5 "Switch off!" results in "Reboot". I switch off N900 to replace dead battery because I haven't soldered my USB connector yet and hence use USB charging sparingly.

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:
I'm starting to think that my N900 can have it's sim slot broken and this is te couse of the problems. Yesterday I went for the max and overcklocked it to 1100 and nothing.