Posts: 184 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ sjdm,bulacan,philippines
any landscape of the iphone lockscreen?

The Following User Says Thank You to ricardo8 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Milano, Italia
hi,

this is my first lockscreen.
Attached Images

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to negus72 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by B-RUNO View Post
hello to all, may a suggest for those who have a bit of knowledge in pack deb file, to pack the unlock theme so it can be more easier to us swap between themes, placing only the ini. files in a different file so we just replace the ini.file to change the unlock theme, just a idea what do you think?
Just some 'thoughts" for better theme management / quality:

/opt/qtlockscreen/default/ is the default theme - i wouldn't use it to store your custom images / overwrite files in there etc.
-> better create a directory with your theme name under /opt/qtlockscreen/ and put everything there

copy QtLockscreen.ini to /home/user/.config/sakya/
-> i include this file in /opt/qtlockscreen/<themename> too, and (currently) simply symlink it to /home/user/.config/sakya/QtLockscreen.ini so i do not have to overwrite settings every time; this enables theme switching
-> this file also uses 'ThemeName = <themename>' instead of "Default" internally

As for the backgrounds like all other customized images, i also include them in /opt/qtlockscreen/<themename> as backgroundL.* / backgroundP.*

So basically the lockscreen theme is self-contained and can be more easily distributed, and will not mess up your /home/user/MyDocs/.images too with several image files that are not used for desktop backgrounds.

A Debian package will only make the installation procedure easier, but will not 'fix' guys spreading files all over the place. You should avoid that. That's the main reason why i oppose doing so.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-17 at 10:32.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
@don_falcone: Thanks, I was about to write something similar.
I plan to code a small app to choose from the themes stored in /opt/qtlockscreen (that's why I added the themename to the configuration file):
Code:
ThemeName="Default"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Merci beaucoup I like it organized (i'm also not that kind of person that installs every application right in their "proposed" default location under Windows...)

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 340 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Jordan
Originally Posted by ricardo8 View Post
any landscape of the iphone lockscreen?
I dont think so because images widgets appear in the both landscape and portrait , and they are small to fit portrait mod but they dont fit landscape mod

@ Sakya

can I load images in image widget only for portrait mod or only for landscape mod ???????

Posts: 60 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by laith.m.y View Post
I made some changes to the lockscreen , and you will like it

it become much more clear without stripes

and I had an idea for mediaplayer widget , but if you want I will upload it without mediaplayer widget because I'm not sure I can make it tomorrow
sounds good

if you want you could send me the lockscreen in a pm...

but i wouldn't release too much different lockscreens to keep the oversight...

just take as long time as you need

sakya,

can we user variables or local referencing?
i.e.,
$CURENT_THEME or the like to include images from hildon themes installed
BackGroundP="image_here.jpg" to include images from the same directory? Or is the fully qualified path needed?

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Or is the fully qualified path needed?
The full path is needed.
But /etc/hildon/theme is a symlink to the current theme.

The Following User Says Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by laith.m.y View Post
I dont think so because images widgets appear in the both landscape and portrait , and they are small to fit portrait mod but they dont fit landscape mod

@ Sakya

can I load images in image widget only for portrait mod or only for landscape mod ???????
Can't you just place the image off screen in landscape (say PosL="1000,1000" :P) or size 0? That's what I usually do with other widgets, I duplicate them and use one for portrait and one for landscape.

The Following User Says Thank You to qw3rty For This Useful Post:

Tags
play'n_share