Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 18 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Brazil
Firstly, I'd like to thank @Scorpius.
Awesome job man! It's great to have whatsapp port for N900.

Secondly, I'd like to suggest some functionalities and report some stuff that doesn't work for now.

Suggestions:
-Copy & Paste option
-View info from the group. Like who's participating the group.

Not working very well:
-Receiving Multimedia doesn't work, but sending does.
-Some smiles received appear as an empty square character.
-After some time Yappari loses connectivity. Socket error. And I have to reconnect. Restarting Yappari is not enough. Maybe it happens only to me.

Last edited by Alicanto; 2012-12-16 at 22:44.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
- Copy & Paste eventually will be made.
- Group information is in the ToDo list.
- Receiving Multimedia works for me just fine. It just doesn't work if you're offline (disconnected from WhatsApp servers).
- New smileys are already implemented in 0.0.27 which will be released next year.
- Yappari always tries to reconnect automatically after 10 seconds of any connection error. Just let it be. If it doesn't connect for a while then check twitter account @wa_status because 99% chance is that WhatsApp is down for everybody (like yesterday).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
About the connection problem, it was probably my router. Changing the port to 5222 solved it. Thanks.

But I still don't know where to find the multimedia received. And the person has to tell me she sent me a file, because it doesn't show anything.

Searching about it on the 2538 posts at the moment... =P

Alicanto you can only receive pictures in Yappari so far, and believe me, you will notice when you receive one.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Yeah, I noticed it after some testing, actually.
The problem was that bug that crashes the connection if you receive some file while offline.

Thanks Scorpius. Great app.

Last edited by Alicanto; 2012-12-17 at 02:51.

Just a short message to highlight a problem I have had with yappari. Trying to install when outside my normal mobile phone network, i.e. when roaming, did not work. I was trying to install using wifi but it never worked even though I did receive text messages from Whatsapp. I did not have roaming enabled for data due to large costs. Since it wasn't critical, I didn't do anything about it.

However, once I got back to my home network in the UK, I was able to install yappari (v0.0.026) very quickly and painlessly. Works like a charm!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ballfresno View Post
Just a short message to highlight a problem I have had with yappari. Trying to install when outside my normal mobile phone network, i.e. when roaming, did not work. I was trying to install using wifi but it never worked even though I did receive text messages from Whatsapp. I did not have roaming enabled for data due to large costs. Since it wasn't critical, I didn't do anything about it.

However, once I got back to my home network in the UK, I was able to install yappari (v0.0.026) very quickly and painlessly. Works like a charm!

Thanks!
In version 0.0.26 if somehow the SMS was not detected you can enter manually the 3 code number at the end of the registration (in the window where you can ask for a voice registration as well).

Didn't you try that?

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
In version 0.0.26 if somehow the SMS was not detected you can enter manually the 3 code number at the end of the registration (in the window where you can ask for a voice registration as well).

Didn't you try that?
I did, once or twice, but it never worked. Sorry I didn't keep any log files; as I said, it wasn't critical for me at the time (last week) so didn't spend as much time on it as I should have.

Thanks again!

Scorpius.

Are u going to deal with the RTL (Hebrew, Arabic) UI in the coming versions ?

Originally Posted by em28 View Post
Scorpius.

Are u going to deal with the RTL (Hebrew, Arabic) UI in the coming versions ?
I was thinking about that last night while I was sleeping (weird, I know). I'm trying to figure out a way so people with a right to left language could visualize everything properly...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp