Hey!
I experience the same identical problem.
I bought a n900 from amazon.com which arrived yesterday.
First, it booted. then I powered it off, inserted the sim, and tried to start it up. It asked me the pin of the sim and then It did not startup anymore.
When I connect it to the usb I can see it as mass storage.
It seems not charge when I connect it to the power.
Suggestion???

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Hi.

I've received my n900 yesterday.

I charged it, placed my SIM and battery and everything went just fine. As I needed to finish my day, I placed back my SIM into my E71.

This morning I placed back the SIM into my n900, and sadly, it does not start up.

When I try to turn it on, it vibrates, and shows the nokia blue logo over a white background. Then, on the screen it's shown an animation, kind of 5 dots flashing.

And then, nothing else happens.

If I plug it into my computer (USB) y can even see the default files in it (images for example). Also, I could copy a jpeg into .images.

I called nokia and they suggested me to take the battery out, then try to turn it on to drain any charge on the phone, then I charged it for like an hour and nothing happened.

I'm afraid battery is not being charged properly. Is there any sign when battery is being charged? The manual says an indicator blinks when charging but I don't see anything. However if the battery was completely empty, how can it be that the logo is shown ?

Any help appreciated!

amazon's stock items may not be the most recent. I got 3 N900s - 2 from Nokia and one from Newegg. The one from newegg I managed to brick. I was hacking it but I recovered it by reflashing. And now I live happily ever after. Reflash if everything else fails!

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
@mrguizzo: When I had this problem, I came to this forum and opened this thread, to read for ideas to fix this issue, but later, I decided not to try anything to fix it by myself because I had just paid for a new working phone.

I sent mine back to amazon and they replaced it, no questions asked.

The new n900 they sent me, has been working perfectly since its arrival.

So that's my advice: just send it back. You've just paid a lot of your valuable money for a new and working device, so, it's fair to get what you've paid for.

thank you, isolano!!!
but is it true that amazon sends you another phone before that you send them that damaged?

Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
Originally Posted by mrguizzo View Post
thank you, isolano!!!
but is it true that amazon sends you another phone before that you send them that damaged?
that is correct.

As soon as I went through the return process (you'll find it in the order summary) they sent out the new phone that very same day.

If policies have not changed, you'll get 1 month to send the non working phone back to amazon.

Actually, I chose the option that ups will come to pick up the broken phone.
They will come the next working day, that is next monday.
Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
that is correct.

As soon as I went through the return process (you'll find it in the order summary) they sent out the new phone that very same day.

If policies have not changed, you'll get 1 month to send the non working phone back to amazon.

same problem

solution for me:
- remove SIM
- reassembly phone
- connect charger
- orange light starts blinking
- after some minutes of charging able to startup

Hope this helps,

Ruud

Tags
lack of quality control