Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
You can make an adapter for your car chargers if you have problems.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=83519&page=2

That way N9 regognises non-standard car chargers as valid ones. Basicly you just make usb adapter with D+ and D- short circuited.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by rswelter View Post
my home charger is rated 1200ma /1.2 a maybe you need a little higher output? I think too high though may hurt battery life.
No it wont, the N9 will only draw the current it requires to charge.

The Following User Says Thank You to bockersjv For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bockersjv View Post
No it wont, the N9 will only draw the current it requires to charge.
When N9 notices short circuit in D+ D- it will charge upto 1A, and when it detects computer on the other end it will charge max 500mA.
And when it doesnt detect, then it charges 0.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-07 at 06:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
And when it doesnt detect, then it charges 0.
Ah, I kind of thought it would draw a minimal current in that case, something like 50mA or 100mA.
Makes sense though it does not take anything, as 50mA charging current is unusable anyway

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
So will all usb charger adapters do this?

Originally Posted by unoace View Post
So will all usb charger adapters do this?
No, some usb charger adapters have d+ and d- short circuited by default and some don't, so you have to see it yourself.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
I have to try each out? Best Buy got alot guess I'll start there.

Originally Posted by unoace View Post
I have to try each out? Best Buy got alot guess I'll start there.
Or just buy one, and add short circuit adapter with d+ d- circuited

I'm not able to change it.

ah yes, if you dont have any friends with soldering skills, then its a dice game.

You can always try something like this as most likely it will work if you choose Nokia model.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Universal-100...-/321069623694

Last edited by rainisto; 2013-05-13 at 06:45.

Tags
car adapter, charging