Active Topics

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Ok, so those of you who believe that the problem was due to DCEW, have you installed anything else that could have caused the problem? (the only other "unstable" desktop widgets I have are ussd-widget, and various others.)

And those of you who never had DCEW, same goes, any other possibilities?
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Wolverhampton
happened to me but screen cal seemed to fix it ; ) not saying its a cure.

happened to me this evening, total desktop lock-up, had to reboot, widgets i have are simple notes widget, media player, personal ip, desktop command execution widget (4 cmd widgets), and OMweather.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
Originally Posted by xomm View Post
Ok, so those of you who believe that the problem was due to DCEW, have you installed anything else that could have caused the problem? (the only other "unstable" desktop widgets I have are ussd-widget, and various others.)

And those of you who never had DCEW, same goes, any other possibilities?
The only 'unstable' widgets I have installed is the pedometer widget I installed last week. The following 'stable' widgets are enabled:
-omweather
-media player widget

I've been having this issue for MUCH longer than the 'unstable' widget has been installed, and it seems to come back up after re-flashing the device (usually after a day or two), and will dissappear for a few(2-3?) hours after a fresh reboot

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by Neegs View Post
This is my second biggest grip with the phone. This only seems to happen with the media player for me? Probably happens every other day or so. I press play and nothing happens, although if I click skip to next track or next station it will. However if you try and press play again it does not work. The only way I found to get around it was to open up the media player, start playing the music. Shut it down and then go back to the widget and press play. This seems to bring it back to life
Are you saying the media player widget does not respond for you?
If so, this is a known bug with the widget - see https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7909

thats thee one my media player acts very similar to that bug. except i cant do much as i dont remember my password so cant sign in on the bugs section lol

Hi guys,
I followed hints and uninstalled:

Personal Dataplan monitor widget
Media player widget
Desktop Command Execution Widget

Now problem has gone away.
What is DCEW?

regards

I also believe DCEW is the culprit.

I had DCEW and five widgets on the desktop, showing uptime, some IP addresses, and two buttons that turned bluetooth on and off.

With that setup, I started noticing the bluetooth DCEW widgets freezing up. Was having to reboot twice daily.

Assumed I had a bad script somewhere. Deleted the .desktop_cmd_exec file. All five widgets reverted to the "uptime script". Ran that way for a day. Still had to reboot often.

Finally uninstalled DCEW. Haven't rebooted in two days.

Hope this gets fixed, because I love DCEW. Enjoy using a script to do a simple function rather than downloading a separate app for each one. Feels more linux-ey.

Richard

i have been experiencing the lock up of hildon-home at least twice the same day recently -- and both times when a call came in, which made me miss them both. and in most other cases it was connected to an incoming call or sms, too (ironically. i dum ped my freerunner b/c i often missed calls when it hung somewhere ...)

gettingback to dcew: i only use it to display the charging level of the battery, which nokia in its infinite s***y does not make available othe than that unusable battery icon.

thus, when removing dcew, how do i get the charging level?