Notices

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Hi Ade. I hope you've had a nice Christmas. I tried the a friend's usb joystick, marked joystick option, opened joy def mapped A B C and D buttons, coin and start, but when I tried to map up, down etc the gngeo-gui conf app become unresponsive, what can it be? ( only way to close was power button and 'end current task' . Universe bios I've tried already, thanks a lot, the pause worked, cheat options, game speed, all the options like in the console version, very interesting. If you know what is that in the usb joy conf of the directionals let me know. Thank you .

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Thanks for testing.
As I wrote during the introduction of this feature, ones you choose to select a button by a button press, Gngeo-gui will wait indefinitely for that button press, making it unresponsive to other input.
Your reason could be it does not recognize your keypad buttons.
It should be a digital keypad, no analog joystick when you use the joystick config in Gngeo-gui.

Could you do a test for me? Unzip the attachment, put it on your phone, activate your usb joystick and run
Code:
python joymapper.py
Let me know what your up/down/left/right button give as a response.
Attached Files
File Type: zip joymapper.zip (774 Bytes, 128 views)

Originally Posted by ade View Post
Thanks for testing.
As I wrote during the introduction of this feature, ones you choose to select a button by a button press, Gngeo-gui will wait indefinitely for that button press, making it unresponsive to other input.
Your reason could be it does not recognize your keypad buttons.
It should be a digital keypad, no analog joystick when you use the joystick config in Gngeo-gui.

Could you do a test for me? Unzip the attachment, put it on your phone, activate your usb joystick and run
Code:
python joymapper.py
Let me know what your up/down/left/right button give as a response.
Unfortunately as I said the usb joy is not mine, pearphs I will buy one soon or I might go on New Years to the city where my friend lives then I can test again. Will save the zip file for now. The usb joy had a digital and analogue directionals I tried to press both and nothing. Maybe that one was not compatible. If I have a chance will try with a different one. Thanks. BTW, where do I put the file? home\user\gngeo-gui?

No problem, ivgalvez will also test his usb joystick soon, so let's see if he finds anything.

You can place the joystick test file anywhere you like.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'm still out of home. But I promise I will test it as soon as I can.

Again a very small update:
* Introduced some QMaemo5ValueButtons in the config screen
* Check for expected gngeo config variables

Happy new (maemo) year!

edit: Just a little too fast, forgot to remove a test variable
0.0.5-8 is going to the extra-devel and will fix it

Last edited by ade; 2012-01-01 at 15:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
I have been finally able to test my Hama USB arcade stick with GNGeo and works perfectly. However, I have not been.able to play with fullscreen, the emulator crashes. while with prior versions it seemed to be less frequent.

Originally Posted by ivgalvez View Post
I have been finally able to test my Hama USB arcade stick with GNGeo and works perfectly. However, I have not been.able to play with fullscreen, the emulator crashes. while with prior versions it seemed to be less frequent.
I assume you also tested the joystick configuration option from gngeo-gui? You did not mention that clearly.

Can't imagine the crashes of Gngeo has something to to with gngeo-gui itself. It are two seperate programs. Most of the time it does crash in fullscreen in my case. If you want to be more sure the two do not interfere, choose "exit after start game" from the config menu.
I have been looking for the gngeo source code that I could compile and hopefully find a cause, but did not find the code. The code I found was too old to support the compiler I used.

Yes, I used the GUI itself for configuring the buttons. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Hello Ade. I tried the usb joy, the same one again, but with the joymapper file. When I pressed the directions , in the x-term was showing left pressed, then left released, so it was connected, but on the joy def( gngeo-gui) was the same, everytime I would try to define left, right up or down it got unresponsive. Have to try with a different usb joystick.