i try to set up my yahoo mail account but after finishing the setup it cannot login and always states that my username or password is incorrect although i had indicated the right info.. previously before the update i still able to get it to work but now seems it doesnt work does anybody know some solutions? thanks in advance..

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Is the password box auto-capitalising the first letter of your password? Try using the screen keyboard to make sure it doesnt happen) - just a guess.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Is the password box auto-capitalising the first letter of your password? Try using the screen keyboard to make sure it doesnt happen) - just a guess.
no it doesnt, i tried it a few times still no luck..

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hmmm maybe use a nokia messaging account to get it? works fine for my yahoo mail?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Try using incoming server:
imap.mail.yahoo.com
port: 143
Outgoing: smtp.mobile.yahoo,com
port: 25

userid: yourname <----without the @yahoo.com
password: yourpassword

Hope this help, cos it work well on mine.

The Following User Says Thank You to radiowc For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
I was under the impression that Yahoo only supports IMAP or POP for paid Yahoo! Plus accounts. They don't have a page saying that non-Plus accounts aren't supported, but the only pages about setting up POP or IMAP on their site refer specifically to Plus accounts.

Originally Posted by flailingmonkey View Post
I was under the impression that Yahoo only supports IMAP or POP for paid Yahoo! Plus accounts. They don't have a page saying that non-Plus accounts aren't supported, but the only pages about setting up POP or IMAP on their site refer specifically to Plus accounts.
I know.....Well, it works for me with that setting.

Originally Posted by radiowc View Post
Try using incoming server:
imap.mail.yahoo.com
port: 143
Outgoing: smtp.mobile.yahoo,com
port: 25

userid: yourname <----without the @yahoo.com
password: yourpassword

Hope this help, cos it work well on mine.
going to setup again hope it works

still doesnt work

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
To debug the connection to the mail server, start an X Terminal window and enter
export "CAMEL_DEBUG"="all"
to enable the debug mode of the mail library, and after that
/usr/bin/maemo-summoner /usr/bin/modest.launch -s > /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/log 2>&1

to start the email application. Then try to connect to the mailserver. A logfile named "log" will be in your Home directory (please check for confidential data before attaching).