Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
ok so maybe u could help me out a little. i can successfully flash the firmware anytime i want, but for the EMMC, its a no go. maybe i missed something or im doing something wrong but i'v read this thread and i cant find any solution for flashing the EMMC.
Have you by chance read the Wiki or any of the reflashing threads...

Have you noticed the search button in the upper right hand corner?

The reason I ask these things is because this is pretty elemental to the N900 and you're not new here.

I can't imagine anybody would need more than this...

http://wiki.maemo.org/Reflash#Windows

Last edited by les_garten; 2011-09-24 at 00:20.

Posts: 146 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ philly
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Have you by chance read the Wiki or any of the reflashing threads...

Have you noticed the search button in the upper right hand corner?

The reason I ask these things is because this is pretty elemental to the N900 and you're not new here.

I can't imagine anybody would need more than this...

http://wiki.maemo.org/Reflash#Windows
dude, aww man where do i begin, i clicked on the link in ur reply, and read the
Workaround for "no suitable device found" problem on Windows 7 x64

Once this message appears, run inf-wizard.exe from libusb-win32 package and create an inf file for "N900 (PC Suite Mode)" and install this inf driver. Then go to Device Manager and update the driver for N900 Phone Parent and the flasher should spring to life.

u threw me a freakin lifeline on this one my friend. thanx a mil. im back to outta box state on my n900

The Following User Says Thank You to anim1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by anim1 View Post
dude, aww man where do i begin, i clicked on the link in ur reply, and read the
Workaround for "no suitable device found" problem on Windows 7 x64

Once this message appears, run inf-wizard.exe from libusb-win32 package and create an inf file for "N900 (PC Suite Mode)" and install this inf driver. Then go to Device Manager and update the driver for N900 Phone Parent and the flasher should spring to life.

u threw me a freakin lifeline on this one my friend. thanx a mil. im back to outta box state on my n900
Sign me: "Happy in Philly"!

You didn't even hit the Thanx button???

Hello there. I have tried this before and it worked flawlessly. I now tried to do the same thing again, but every time I open flasher 3.5, the window simply pops up and closes right away... any ideas on where I went wrong?

It seems as tough the problem was with placing the flasher in Program Files folder, instead of Program Files x86..

I am now stuck at this window, phone is loading with 5 circles, stuck on the second one.. What to do?

Last edited by Dgonik; 2011-10-04 at 03:43.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by Dgonik View Post
Hello there. I have tried this before and it worked flawlessly. I now tried to do the same thing again, but every time I open flasher 3.5, the window simply pops up and closes right away... any ideas on where I went wrong?

It seems as tough the problem was with placing the flasher in Program Files folder, instead of Program Files x86..

I am now stuck at this window, phone is loading with 5 circles, stuck on the second one.. What to do?

you should flash emmc first without -R then flash the kernel firmware with -R

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Mumbai
Originally Posted by codetracer View Post
How to get N900 flasher to work in Windows 7 64-bit (x64).
  • Install Flasher 3.5 - http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-d...-downloads.php
  • Download libusb-win32-bin-1.2.2.0.zip - http://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/
  • Press U while starting N900 and attach USB
  • Wait for the original driver to install.
  • Run inf-wizard.exe (bin folder in zip) - Run as Administrator
    1. Press "Next"
    2. Search in list and select "0x0421 - 0x0105 - Nokia N900 (Update Mode)"
    3. Press "Next"
    4. Press "Next"
    5. Save .inf file
    6. Press "Install Now"
    7. Press "Install this driver software anyway" on warning message.
    8. You should get "Installation successful." and press OK.
  • Check Windows Device Manager for "libusb-win32 devices", expand and verify "Nokia N900 (Update Mode)" can be found.
  • Now you are ready to run Flasher 3.5 with your parameters.
This is the only option that worked out on my Vista 64bit of others mentioned on the Updating Firmware link.

The Following User Says Thank You to tusharpatel123 For This Useful Post:
Hello.
I have problems with eMMC flashing, it doesn't matter if I'm doing this on 7 or XP. My phone connects and stays in update mode, but when I type the command for eMMC flash and press enter, it disconnects from Update mode and stays with this 5 dots on screen. Can someone tell me how can I get this done ? Or should I take my n900 to Nokia Care ?
Greetings

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Antwerp Belgium
Originally Posted by Paapaa View Post
I'd like to update the firmware of my N900. NSU doesn't do the trick as I'm using a beta firmware. I'd like to update to a official FW.

Maemo-flasher 3.5 does not work at all in Windows 7 64bit. I followed the guide and it just hangs saying "Suitable USB device not found". Yes, I did the 'u' thing while connecting the cable.

Any ideas how to proceed?

If You install Nokia Ovi Suite and connect your N900 you can update the software in extra, even on a Windows 7 64bit pc
surfing the web, navigate, chat, ttweet, email, scan, hack, share, tweak...
.....................and you can also use him to make a call

Originally Posted by tusharpatel123 View Post
This is the only option that worked out on my Vista 64bit of others mentioned on the Updating Firmware link.
right there fellas, thats the one right there :]

win 7 64 bit for me.

thx man!

Tip: Don't save the .ini file in the system32 folder as suggested by libusb. In my experience it fail to update the driver in the next step. Save in the desktop folder for example.

Tags
stupid windows