Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by electroaudio View Post
No other phone has real multitasking either

But the fact that the answer-callscreen is a menu and not a window that will be shown in the tasklist is very annoying...
However, maybe hildon-home can be rewritten to catch that menu and keep it on top? or transform it into a normal window?
Unless, the tasklist can be rewritten to show that menu too...
So you think symbian doesn't do a so called true multitasking? I can see something like give high priority to certain process in windows task manager, why its not available in maemo? Or is it available?

Oh! did you mean its a menu and isn't equivalent to task list and hence it can't be given more priority?

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by Joseph9560 View Post
So you think symbian doesn't do a so called true multitasking? I can see something like give high priority to certain process in windows task manager, why its not available in maemo? Or is it available?
With multitasking i was refering to popular modern phones with ios and android, my old symbian s80 did have good multitasking too.
-Priority is probably possible to change , and a good idea to research more about...

Oh! did you mean its a menu and isn't equivalent to task list and hence it can't be given more priority?
The problem i sometimes encounter is that someone makes a call when i do something else, then the answer-call-dialog shows and then directly dissapears behind whatever i am doing.
And since it is a menuwindow and not a real window i cant find the call-dialog again.
-So my suggestion was to make it visible in the taskview, so i can answer the call.

The Following User Says Thank You to electroaudio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
software usb-disconnet, on bugzilla somebody figured out how to change it and said they would commit to the CSSU, but as far as I know it hasn't been done yet.

will add links and sources when i can

Bought a N9 when from day one but something keeps pulling me back to my trusty old N900. Recently I even purchased the n900 a class 10 SD card mainly for my music collection:

Anyway here are a couple of appealing ideas for the next CSSU. Note: - some of these may have already been discussed in this thread or my already be available as separate tweaks.

1 - Events Widget (rip-off from the N9 events page view) – ideally this should be full screen and scrollable. This would be great!

2 – Universal search (dare I say it – a rip-off from the iPhone) – this would replace the N900 type to contact search from any desktop page. If this is difficult you could employ a similar concept to the TouchSearch application widget – So that if you start typing it allows you to launch a Google search instead of a contact search (again this should be customizable). This would be a great addition

3 – Portrait lock mode when the keyboard is closed and landscape lock mode when keyboard is open.

4 – Portrait Lockscreen - ideally lockable so that you don’t have autorotate to landscape or vice versa.

5 – Minor tweaks – Stock music app to be scrollable with the keyboard rather than using the touch screen. In fact is it possible to allow this for all apps i.e. gPodder, Tweego, etc.

6 - Option to close all apps from the Open Applications Screen (rip-off from n9)

Last edited by sts1976; 2012-02-13 at 19:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sts1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sts1976 View Post
2 – Universal search (dare I say it – a rip-off from the iPhone) – this would replace the N900 type to contact search from any desktop page. If this is difficult you could employ a similar concept to the TouchSearch application widget – So that if you start typing it allows you to launch a Google search instead of a contact search (again this should be customizable). This would be a great addition
Scout does something similar.

I would very much like to see the functionality of the AppSearch widget integrated into the Application Menu.
I.e. when the Application Menu is open and I start typing e.g. "con" then the menu should scroll to the Conky icon.
(It would even be better to have a dynamic list which gets shorter the more you type.)

Regards,

Dietmar

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dschwertb For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dschwertb View Post
I would very much like to see the functionality of the AppSearch widget integrated into the Application Menu.
I.e. when the Application Menu is open and I start typing e.g. "con" then the menu should scroll to the Conky icon.
(It would even be better to have a dynamic list which gets shorter the more you type.)

Regards,

Dietmar
Appwidget or some widget named like that does the job. But its buggy and generally causes all other widgets to disappear after reboot or something.

am not sure if this is possible, but on the Phonebook, or where ever I am, when I choose to merge a number with an existing contact, I want the ability to delete or modify the old number that used to be there, because at times am just deleting one and inserting another, instead, I have to merge it, remember the new number, go find the contact, and delete there older number, I know its not hard to do, but small things like this make a difference.

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
i would like to see these things

a killall tasks in multitasking
a portrait image viewer and
can the 5mp image be stretched to full screen????

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Oslo - around
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I thanked you for the idea but i do not understand the NEXT cssu?, ...

There is maybe only a handfull of dev's left even working on further development so i guess you will have to generate much interest to gain more and keep it going .

Good luck i want you to be successful .
For Maemo to be used stability must be improved by miles. The next CSSU should contain a way to reset everything, similar to flashing /roofs - but consider that some virus has modified a command, run a 32bit CRC andflash/reload kernel with a new copy from this site.

Apt-get / dbpk is an excellent setup as long as consistency is managed, but install a test version, get 2 variants of the Qtlib and the phone becomes unstable - a tiny modificiation can pull down things that is very difficult to get rid of - "Apt-remove" does not exist, "dist-upgrade" is the only ay to get the libraries to be verified, but of course not visible in the Application Manager. Clean900 does some - but there must be a simple way to remove inconsistencies, and proper messages must be shown - CSSU should show the logs files, and search in this.

The PHONE must work. If needed, remove it from the Hildon window manager. see if all can be replaced by Linphone to allow plug-ins such as fax and more can be made. No new featues are needed, but consistency and reliability must be the focus.

The Following User Says Thank You to knuthf For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu stable, nokia n900