Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to x61 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by toyg View Post
At the moment, it does not block withheld / unidentified calls. It's on the feature list for 1.1
I also plan to add a feature to block all calls except ones from people already in addressbook, probably for 1.2.
This is the additional feature we want on this app, pls make it as an update on the existing app so that we could just update to the latest release.

The Following User Says Thank You to tata321 For This Useful Post:
pls how soon do we expect the release of the upgraded pycall blocker that allows only phone book incoming calls?

The Following User Says Thank You to tata321 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Just in case you can't get it to work let me tell you that mycontacts now supports auto-rejecting calls.
As much as I would have liked this app, I wasn't able to make the entries to block saved sustainably and found the nag-screen ok for once, but it diddn't go away and then I decided against the app (otherwise donating would have been a sure thing). Thanks for your efforts anyway, it is appreciated nonetheless.

Something similar as iBlacklist on the jailbroken iPhone would be terribly nice to have. It allows to let callers call into nirvana (instead of impolitely hanging up on them or obnoxiously sending them to the mailbox forever). They stop calling after a while, if nobody ever answers the calls and can't even complain. Lovely.

This is an undefined feature request not addressed to anybody in particular, but sent into the blue skies...

cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to cct For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Ok installed the app made sure i had python gui 2.5 got that already, load the app then it closes nothing comes up i rebooted also? any ideas

The Following User Says Thank You to lucas777 For This Useful Post:
I have read that a couple people have but their details are very sketchy on how to do it. Something to do with adding in entries for unknown number blocklist and someone else mentioned this: "When you receive a call from "Unknown number", the parameter callernumber is actually an empty string. So, in order to block the calls from "Unknown number" you can check whether the length of callernumber is 0. I made this small change in the script and works just fine.
Ex.: if len(callernumber) == 0:"
This only applies to "Unknown number" calls. To make it work also with other numbers replace the line "if callernumber in blocklist:" from handle_call with "if callernumber in blocklist or len(callernumber) == 0:"

but I haven't a scooby where to enter this or how.......I have checked both old and new versions of the py scripts and can't find anything relating to what he's mentioned, so I'm at a loss. But I know the above method he mentioned definetly works, only problem is that I can't get in touch with him anymore as I lost all my contacts recently lol hopefully someone understands what to with the above and can let us know so that we may try it out.

So, I therefore ask.........can anyone please help us on this 1?

Last edited by badboyuk; 2011-05-25 at 10:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to badboyuk For This Useful Post: