Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
how to use these transections???? i am a noob..
http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_SSU/Features

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
Transitions can be seen in my videos, only change was CSSU, then obviuosly all it new MODS as HERE

Includes everything, all new CSSU features except tactile.
i have used a script in the conversation mod thread.... and now i cant open any options in settings.... i can touch & highlight them... but they dont open.... plz help

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Heres transitions I've recently just customized. Took some options from different TMO users and customized to my liking. Effects include: Ripple/Wave effect on menu launcher, paralex -3.5 which is amazing, background zooms in on task manager and menu, Dark gray background effect, Blurless, icons zoom in when changing to home.
Also made rotation through 45 degree angle and regular x/y axis rotation-much smoother and quicker IMO. Portrait rotation is forced as well.
Lemme know what you think!

Just rename extension from .txt to .ini
Attached Files
File Type: txt transitions-iSFR21.txt (7.3 KB, 270 views)

Last edited by isfr21; 2011-03-01 at 14:34.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to isfr21 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ~phoenix~ View Post
i have used a script in the conversation mod thread.... and now i cant open any options in settings.... i can touch & highlight them... but they dont open.... plz help
Have you tried rebooting your N900??

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by isfr21 View Post
Heres transitions I've recently just customized. Took some options from different TMO users and customized to my liking. Effects include: Ripple/Wave effect on menu launcher, paralex -3.5 which is amazing, background zooms in on task manager and menu, Dark gray background effect, Blurless, icons zoom in when changing to home.
Also made rotation through 45 degree angle and regular x/y axis rotation-much smoother and quicker IMO. Portrait rotation is forced as well.
Lemme know what you think!

Just rename extension from .txt to .ini
I do like your transitions, but the flick from right to left between desktops doesn't look correct. The screen always appears to be coming from the left to right... Did you mean it to be like that?
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

For those looking to use the transition.ini files that are in this thread, may I suggest you backup your existing transition.ini first, that way you have something to fall back on if things don't work out. The transition file is located in /usr/share/hildon-desktop/ on your N900 - All I've been doing is use WinSCP to WIFI onto my Nokia N900, browse to directory above, copy my transition.ini to a backup folder on my computer, and then copy and paste the contents of the transition.ini files on offer here into my existing file. Save and 'voila' you can now test your transitions by opening applications, selecting the menu, the taskbar, tapping on the desktop etc. You should notice the transitions as described by the wonderful people in this thread.
My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

Last edited by MyNokiaN900; 2011-03-01 at 20:57. Reason: Want to add a link

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I updated the transitions.ini in hildon desktop folder but it looks like the transitions are not getting affected. As i could not able to see any changes.
I have a custom theme installed would it be because of that?????

Originally Posted by madhu.infos View Post
Hi,

I updated the transitions.ini in hildon desktop folder but it looks like the transitions are not getting affected. As i could not able to see any changes.
I have a custom theme installed would it be because of that?????
Yes, maybe, Do you have theme customizer application in Settings installed. I think this does effect it?

Do you have CSSU installed? I got a notification today to install CSSU Transition tuner, and it's an application that does the manual work for you. Perhaps you want to try this out if you have CSSU installed. I did a post on it earlier if you are interested.

The Following User Says Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Hi thanks for the reply. I Defnetly installed CSSU.
And regarding theme customizer not installed. Currently i have the blue sky theme installed. i Checked the system settings there i could see CSSU transition tuner already present. But m not sure how its there. i have enabled zAxis rotation through tuner it works. But would like to understand the technicals behind it. So in this case where the transitions file present. The transitions file present in Hildon-desktop is not valid any more?

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Originally Posted by madhu.infos View Post
Hi thanks for the reply. I Defnetly installed CSSU.
And regarding theme customizer not installed. Currently i have the blue sky theme installed. i Checked the system settings there i could see CSSU transition tuner already present. But m not sure how its there. i have enabled zAxis rotation through tuner it works. But would like to understand the technicals behind it. So in this case where the transitions file present. The transitions file present in Hildon-desktop is not valid any more?
If you do the following what does it say?
Code:
ls -al /etc/hildon/theme/
Not sure, since I dont use this theme, but it should point you to the location of your transitions.ini location.