Active Topics

Posts: 418 | Thanked: 506 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Argentina
Marketing rules today, no matter what is good or bad

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flotron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 308 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Graveyard
Alleged metallic Nokia EOS body teased again

That baffling metallic Nokia EOS chassis we saw the other day? It's back, but this time the same leakster from Sina Weibo managed to get a shot of at least 12 of them, meaning the device has likely reached some sort of production stage. In another photo, we can see the same button arrangement -- presumably volume, power and camera -- that's already present on the current Lumia range. The strange thing is we've yet to see a cover plate that will match this seemingly smaller camera opening, but the square shape does make us wonder whether this will fit Pelican Imaging's 16-lens array camera. After all, Nokia did announce its investment in this plenoptic camera technology. Hopefully Elop will personally explain what's going on at his event on July 11th -- maybe with both this and the plastic EOS in his hands.

The Following User Says Thank You to ranbaxy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by ranbaxy View Post
Alleged metallic Nokia EOS body teased again

Does it run sailfishOS?

Answer: No

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-06-16 at 10:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikecomputing For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by cr0c0 View Post
Why do you care what Nokia will release? And why do you have such a brand loyalty? You do not owe anything to any corporation, and that goes both ways. Pick whatever device best suits your needs when you need it, regardless of the logo on the casing.

I owned phones or PDAs made by Sony, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, HTC and Samsung. I owned laptops made by every single manufacturer out there, including but not limited to IBM, Lenovo, Dell, HP, Apple, Toshiba, Asus, Acer, Sager and Panasonic.

To take it further, I owned cars made by Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, WV, and Ford, and I owned motorcycles made by Yamaha and Suzuki.

Don't be a brand slave.
You are quite right but in my opinion the point is not to be a slave or not but the clear business question to deliver some goods to people on the market and make a pair of updates and then close the business for that 'torso' product as N9 is - like it or not - and say sorry customer guys and girls but you are left alone with our fine but half made product and you have to help yourselves in the future bye, bye!
That's the Nokia unserious business handling of their customers!

Last edited by Garp; 2013-06-16 at 22:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to Garp For This Useful Post:
Has microsoft made an oath to stay behind other devices? Their support for multi-core and 720P was late almost an year behind android.

If EOS has quad core that is a welcome move. But why WP doesn't have support for 1080P? 1080P is the new standard for high end android smartphones and I've read somewhere that Microsoft doesn't have any plan to support 1080P.

The Following User Says Thank You to maverick788us For This Useful Post:
First off. I thought Windows and Pureview were incompatible. (Nokia's statement, not mine). So they've probably created another tech that's compatible with Windows and scrapped the 808 so they could use it's name for their Winphones.

Secondly. I think they are now doing a Samsung. Just living off hardware and materials. A "High End" £500 device that runs the self same O/S as a sub £200 device?

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
First off. I thought Windows and Pureview were incompatible. (Nokia's statement, not mine).
It was, last year. The fact they are already suggesting that this has a 41MP camera suggests that those technical limitations have been overcome.

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
"technical limitations" == "MS's unwillingness to provide a driver"

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 42 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ culpeper,va.
Wp phones all are the same, now days, no flagship phone! The lastest feature on WP phone is a 41mp camera, making obsolete the 920, 928 and 925.

Love my N9 still not obsolete! Not even dead as many people think.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geektech For This Useful Post: