Hi

I saw this

http://blogs.wsj.com/wtk-mobile/

and wondered if there has been any such review for n900 apps?

rgds

Well, since most n900 apps are done by the community members themselves I guess that isn't likely to happen.

Angry birds?

rgds

Originally Posted by uTMY View Post
Angry birds?

rgds
Angry Birds on N900 does not transmit any data to anywhere.

On other platforms it does but the article can be very easily misunderstood. For example, the username and password information it sends is your own login to the online leaderboards and achievements. It's pretty hard to log in to an online service if you can't send the credentials.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miika For This Useful Post:
Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Points finger at MyNokia... This little app sells your soul to Nokia the first time you turn on your N900. You don't even have the choice to opt out. (Though you can pull the SIM card and remove the application)

Posts: 422 | Thanked: 320 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Israel
How can you remove MyNokia? I thought this is impossible...

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
you install the notmynokia package from the repos. Just turn on your N900 WITHOUT SIM card inserted, it won't be able to do anything. Then install NotMyNokia from the repos, turn off phone, insert SIM card, and proceed as normal.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: