Active Topics

I had the n900 and loved it.
Tried the iphone 4s thought it was boring. Cant explain why really.
Had my sisters sgs2 for a week and i liked it but didnt feel right.
On the n9 now and loving it. Sure it would be good with a dualcore in it but thats just for future stuff.
Ics port looks promising and is damn fast now with hw acc according to E-yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sniper_swe For This Useful Post:
isn't there only one phone available on the market market with android 4.0??

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
if you by a new battery for the n900 and reflash it, there's no reason to buy another..
to date.. there's still nothing that comes close to it..and that's fact.

The Following User Says Thank You to bingomion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 140 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Andromeda Galaxy
I think you should really look at what you want to do with a phone....what you think is really relevant..

i now own a n900 and i still find it awesome...the maemo community (and cssu) made the n900 to what it is today...

I can remember people saying maemo is DEAD but to me it,s very much alive (thanks to cssu) so to say meego is dead i am not sure about that...pr 1.2 just came out maybe the nokia n9 will get some support from tizen in the future(who knows) maybe the meego/maemo devs will also whip up something...(you never know) it's all possible why cause it's a open source OS..

i also think that alot of linux heads(aka us geeks) will pick up a n9 over any closed OS we love to play around with it...so my guess/hope is that we get as much love for the n9 as we did for the n900

Ps i'm also getting a nokia n9

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimmy neutron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
maemo5 run on quadcore and 1gig of ram, whoooaaaaa, nokia please make it real,

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
If you want an iPhone, go ahead.
But if you want a really really nice phone that works really well as a phone, look at what's called a Pre 3.
If you could run maemo5 on it, I'd love to buy it. WebOS progs run well on N900, lets hope the opposite is possible too

Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
I think you should really look at what you want to do with a phone....what you think is really relevant..

i now own a n900 and i still find it awesome...the maemo community (and cssu) made the n900 to what it is today...

I can remember people saying maemo is DEAD but to me it,s very much alive (thanks to cssu) so to say meego is dead i am not sure about that...pr 1.2 just came out maybe the nokia n9 will get some support from tizen in the future(who knows) maybe the meego/maemo devs will also whip up something...(you never know) it's all possible why cause it's a open source OS..

i also think that alot of linux heads(aka us geeks) will pick up a n9 over any closed OS we love to play around with it...so my guess/hope is that we get as much love for the n9 as we did for the n900

Ps i'm also getting a nokia n9
With N900 as HWK for N9 it should work quite alright. Still as I was late to the party, will wait till N9 gets below 400$. Hope AEGIS will not scare people off. Being able to accomplish what is possible on N900 is good enough for me, but the current price is somewhat discouraging. Tried swype in store and in 5 minutes it did become natural (some other-brand punkboi changed the language to chinese/japanese, so spent 3 minutes blindly aiming for language menu though :/)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
maemo5 run on quadcore and 1gig of ram, whoooaaaaa, nokia please make it real,
Dual/Quadcore is not required when you run natively. All the java needs multicore in droids. Same as comparing arch/mint on single core 1033mhz vs Vista on dualcore 1500. Bloat needs fix in better HW

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by jimmy neutron View Post
it's all possible why cause it's a open source OS..
Only the kernel is open. The rest is closed. Harmattan is considerably less open than Fremantle. There is very limited scope for UX enchancements.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Only the kernel is open. The rest is closed. Harmattan is considerably less open than Fremantle. There is very limited scope for UX enchancements.
So no difference from chinese tablet hacks? They also release kernel source (not always), keep driver hacks to themselves. At least this is what I understood from problems Cordia et al were having