As we all know, the conversation app likes to bundle together all the messages you've exchanged with someone, grouped by channel (sms/im/etc). This has its ups and down.
Recently a friend was scrolling through my conversations (yeah people do that) and stumbled upon a more personal discussion i had with someone. I'd like to remove that part of the conversation, without deleting every trace of talk with that person (i.e. using "remove conversation").
I read here that the conversations are stored in /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db . Unfortunately that's a binary file (using cat on it will show parts of the conversations along with random junk).
Does anybody know the format used ?
PS: i now use pidgin, which is infinitely more flexible. But history remains

Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
mhm... it's a sqlite database i guess... so you need the right sqlite commands to do something (or use an existing api anyhow?!)

edit:
read this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ighlight=el.db

Last edited by b666m; 2010-03-10 at 18:20.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b666m For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bham, Uk
not sure if im reading your problem incorrectly, but can't you just click on the message you want to delete once the IM/sms thread is open, and then delete it? it also offers me the option to copy aswell as forward the message?

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sweden
I would like to delete old messages in some of my conversations.
but to manually go in to every conversation and click messages and delete them one by one takes way too much time.
I dont want to clear out the whole conversation, just messages that are like 3 months or older.
Is it possible at all?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Soap77 View Post
Is it possible at all?
Please read b666m's comment in this thread again.