Posts: 81 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
It's up to them to create better conditions that devs should make more apps, to work with big companies to port their apps or optimize android apps.
So what is your suggestions, not in a "they should do something" way, but actual thing they should do which would make for example Facebook port/fix Whatsup on Sailfish. You must have tons of ideas as you seem to think it's easy and Jolla is just evil for not doing it.

I'll repeat myself:
The problem is that if there is something not good happening around Jolla, while TMO will bash apple/android/NAME_IT_ company if same will happen to them, but with Jolla people point fingers on anything but not at Jolla itself.
The way I see it, TMO bashes everybody all the time. As we have already seen, it is impossible to please everybody so there will always be "something not good happening around Jolla" no matter how or what they do. If something is not delivered "on demand" at once, it is interpreted as "it will never happen". If something is not going to happen, it's "wrong" no matter reasons behind decisions. Much of that attitude is unfair towards Jolla and unfortunately much of constructive criticism is lost in that loud bashing. So for us that actually want to see Jolla staying solvent and having some patience may sometimes be hard to distinguish that "constructive criticism" from "bashing just for fun/whatever".

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Can you please create separate thread for your discussion about Jolla and discuss only Update10 in curent thread PLEASE?!!!!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
so you want two threads for the same show? To me its enough with one.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Tizen is OSS
There are no Tizen devices around and whole project seems to be more like Samsung's leverage on Google. They make absolutely no money with Tizen.

One Plus One uses opensource cynamogen
We'll see how they make in the long run. For example, Red Hat actually withdrew from consumer market because there were no business potential. Ubuntu on consumer side doesn't profit either.

So again, if you go android way, what's your difference between android and why we'll need one more andoird?
Btw android has more open source AFAIk and there are fully opensource android flavours
Cut off Google funding it and you have no Android. Cut off funding from Jolla and you have no Sailfish OS. Difference is that Google has many other sources of income, for Jolla Sailfish OS is the core business, so if it was completely open sourced, where would that business be? If there is no answer to that question, there's no much reason to actually demand for such thing - there has to be profit somehow or there will be nothing in the long run. But of course, if you truly believe that Android is much better choice Open Source wise, then by all means go that route - as long as it is there.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
i dont want to open this thread when it have new messages and read same. i want to read only discussion about Update10 here.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
well, we have no news about U10 so ...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
i dont want to open this thread when it have new messages and read same. i want to read only discussion about Update10 here.
dont read the things you dont want to read. About 95% posted in this forum is not interesting to me so i simply ignore it and move on...or create a new thread if you like that. Follow you heart but use you brain to filter.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
Surely that's up to Whatsapp to fix, not Jolla?
Well, the whatsapp-part works for a while but I think because of the out of memory problem I have to restart whatsapp every time after I've send a message(or received one).
That is not realy workable for me.

okay i'll just ignore this thread and won't post also