Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
But are there any users who contribute at all? Is there any benefit from having even parts of the code open?
You're somewhat right. There have been contributions from people 'outside', but they haven't been anywhere near as I would like to see.

On the other hand, the point I was trying to convey is that it always seems to me to be a bit of a chicken-and-egg problem. Contributions are few and far between because making them is harder than it should be.

And that's all I'll say about this, as it is rather OT

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Where are the mods? This is so derailed right now...

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Sounds like a solid choice if you have nothing you like to say or anything you like to read.
We have nothing to say because the thing we came to talk about is no longer being talked about! Why should this thread be filled up with off-topic stuff? The last few pages should be moved to 'general'.

This thread exists for a reason. This is not that reason.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
just want to know why you cant talk about what you think this thread is about.
Because we've been given no news since the teasing Tweet?

Just because there is no news on a topic, that doesn't give people free license to bump that topic needlessly with off-topic discussion.

Admittedly, this in itself has gone too meta. In the interest of the thread, I will not engage with you further regarding this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
I'm in no rush for update till I get TOHKB for phone and Jolla Tablet. Maybe April or May?

The Following User Says Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Has Jolla stated whether TOHKBD compatibility is coming in this update, or is at least planned for the future? As it stands right now, an on-screen keyboard will still appear even if you're using TOHKBD to type with.

If not now, I'd like to think (if only for the sake of dirkvl's sanity in his thread) that it will arrive by the time the last units have been shipped.

The Following User Says Thank You to From Vertu with Love For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by From Vertu with Love View Post
Has Jolla stated whether TOHKBD compatibility is coming in this update, or is at least planned for the future? As it stands right now, an on-screen keyboard will still appear even if you're using TOHKBD to type with.

If not now, I'd like to think (if only for the sake of dirkvl's sanity in his thread) that it will arrive by the time the last units have been shipped.
Oh! Now you have me worried!

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
Oops, SailfishOS Update10 is available: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-vaarainjarvi/

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
The only official information we have is from bijjal, we are now less than a week away from xmas, therefore we should not expect even an opt-in update before the new year.

Since there is no more information, speculations are high.

wow, I was few seconds inpatient then!

Originally Posted by coderus View Post
Oops, SailfishOS Update10 is available: https://together.jolla.com/question/...-vaarainjarvi/
Free space required: approx. 1,5 Gigabytes

Holy crap, it takes less than that to do a full zypper dup on my laptop.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
1,5 Gigabytes if you on u8