Active Topics

Notices

Ukki, thank you very much once more. It works great with the vertical keyboard and plays much more comfortably. I did not notice any problem with the game being full screen and the keyboard working. Perfecto!

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Redmond, WA
I got it running last night, great job!

I dont have any audio though...is it supposed to be working or isn't audio supported in this version?

Audio works perfectly for me. Speech and music plus all click and gui effects in the game.

Originally Posted by ukki View Post
Yes, it should work with that.
So it doesn't have to be the retail package released for Linux?

Originally Posted by spirytsick View Post
Audio works perfectly for me. Speech and music plus all click and gui effects in the game.
Hmmm, I wonder what's wrong then. I get the standard maemo "clicks" when I touch the screen, but that's it.

Can anyone recommend where I can start debugging this? it's just not the same without sound.

(to the other poster, yes the windows data files work)

Originally Posted by NullPointer View Post
Hmmm, I wonder what's wrong then. I get the standard maemo "clicks" when I touch the screen, but that's it.

Can anyone recommend where I can start debugging this? it's just not the same without sound.

(to the other poster, yes the windows data files work)
Perhaps there is something wrong with the version of the Jagged Game Files you are using. Check. There are dozens of pirate copies floating around with various bits ripped out.

Had to go digging through boxes for the original game CDs and that did it. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by bexley View Post
So it doesn't have to be the retail package released for Linux?
No, Windows version works too.

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
Well it seems to run fine for me. Speed is good and controls seem to be adequate, although I only played for a few minutes.

I did have a problem running it though, the shortcut installed doesn't work for me. The window just pops up and disappears real quick with no error. Same when run from the console. Works fine when run from the console under root. Hopefully that can be fixed soon, other than that minor issue (could be show stopper for some though) great game!

Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
I did have a problem running it though, the shortcut installed doesn't work for me. The window just pops up and disappears real quick with no error. Same when run from the console. Works fine when run from the console under root. Hopefully that can be fixed soon, other than that minor issue (could be show stopper for some though) great game!
Can you post the error message you get when you run it from a console? Try starting it with a command 'jagged'. I suspect there's something wrong with your /home/user/.ja2/ja2.ini or maybe the permissions on /home/user/.ja2 directory are incorrect.

Last edited by ukki; 2008-02-07 at 09:08. Reason: Fixed path

The Following User Says Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post: