Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by navsin View Post
I'm not expert, but this may be because you were not using the dpkg command as root. If you have rootsh installed, first type "sudo gainroot" and enter. Then you can use the dpkg command to make the changes you want.
Seems like it's working better. But after doing the apt "-get install -f"... how do I say yes when it asks "Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Silly question... I know but...

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by mattiasbäx View Post
Seems like it's working better. But after doing the apt "-get install -f"... how do I say yes when it asks "Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

Silly question... I know but...
Just type Y and press enter

Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
Originally Posted by pH5 View Post
Are all of these PyGame based? I've installed destroid and I see the crash. In fact, just opening a python console and entering "import numpy" fails, so this could be a more generic / numpy dependency problem.
So is there a solution to this problem? I have the latest versions of both libsdl-ttf2.0 and libsdl-ttf2.0-0 installed. And yes, destroid and flobby are both python-pygame dependent.

Is there a workaround? I'd love to have these two games along with frogatto...

Just type Y and press enter
Just as I thought... But then it just says "Abort."

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 375 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Berlin
So is there a solution to this problem? I have the latest versions of both libsdl-ttf2.0 and libsdl-ttf2.0-0 installed. And yes, destroid and flobby are both python-pygame dependent.

Is there a workaround? I'd love to have these two games along with frogatto...
I think yesterday's python-numpy update fixed this.

pH5, you seem educated in the area. You wouldn't be able to help a newcomer like me with the crash problem i described a couple of posts ago?

Thanks in advance

[...] I did install it two days ago and it worked just fine. Though yesterday it just stopped working, crashing while trying to start the game.
I assume you updated to the latest available version in extras-devel - what are the package versions as reported by "dpkg -l frogatto*"?
Also, is there any error message when you start the game from the console with "/usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen"?

I assume you updated to the latest available version in extras-devel - what are the package versions as reported by "dpkg -l frogatto*"?
Also, is there any error message when you start the game from the console with "/usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen"?
It was reinstalled today which should be updated version, I assume? "dpkg -l frogatto*" says 1.0.2-maemo1 on frogatto, data, engine music and sound.

"/usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen" says "could not initialize libosso, could not init OSSO"

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiasbäx For This Useful Post:
It was reinstalled today which should be updated version, I assume? "dpkg -l frogatto*" says 1.0.2-maemo1 on frogatto, data, engine music and sound.

"/usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen" says "could not initialize libosso, could not init OSSO"
Ok, that I didn't expect. Does the same happen for "run-standalone.sh /usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen"?

Ok, that I didn't expect. Does the same happen for "run-standalone.sh /usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen"?
"run-standalone.sh /usr/games/frogatto --fullscreen" gives me:

SYSTEM ACTIVE
NORMAL MODE
DISPLAY ON
src/wml_parser.cpp:569 ASSERTION FAILED: Could not read file: /home/user/.frogatto/preferences.cfg
Aborted

The Following User Says Thank You to mattiasbäx For This Useful Post: